Core Animator 1.0 is a new animation tool for Mac OS X. Currently featured by Apple, Core Animator was specifically developed to help designers, animators, and developers alike bring more creativity and interactivity to their apps. This simple visual tool allows iOS and Mac developers to quickly and easily create animations and export them to native Objective-C or Swift code March 4, 2015
Where does creative inspiration come from? It can appear when you least expect it -- or you can go looking for it, which is what we do! Follow along with our next quest for people doing creative stuff that will inspire us!
- New Cleveland Browns Logo 'Uninspired, Boring': A Graphic Designer's Take
- Graphic designer, eh? More or less creatively satisfying
- Sewickley painter turns hobby into successful career
- UCF exhibit illustrates art's healing power
- No One Takes Graphic Designers Seriously
- Grab a set of SIX great wood textures
- ... and more on the way!
Okay, we've found some more for "Women's History Month"! Actually, some of these were sent in by readers, and we have several more to bring ing. Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf part TWO :
- Marie Assénat : How much fun can you have?
- Jessica Svendsen : real graphic design
- Leta takes a unique point of view
- Felicita Sala Italian playfulness
- Nicole Miller-Wong
- Amanda Jane Jones
- and more to come!
Just in time for Easter, this cute little tutorial draws eggs, chicks and rabbits for a montage -- drills into Illustrator's Pathfinder tools then goes out to finish up in Photoshop! Join in the fun February 26, 2015
As we embark on this year's "Women's History Month" someone mentioned that fashion plays a huge role in societal development -- and that some of the world's most beloved fashion designers are women! So we pulled from the Design-bookshelf's playbook and opened these books that follow a bit of the path of fashion. The samples we've included here are drawings or actual clip art that appeared in publications. They all give a visual waltz through the 19th and 20th centuries of fashion! Enjoy! February 25, 2015
Every year one individual seems to stand out from the rest -- captivating our interest and admiration. In 2008 it was Luba Lukova; in 2010 it was Jessica Hische; ten years ago it was Nena Anderson -- there are many others, and they all have one thing in common. Beside their extraordinary talent they share a unique perspective of vision along with an entrepreneurial spirit that takes them to the top of their field! Lois van Baarle epitomizes those qualities -- and is our Designing Woman for March 2015! February 25, 2015
Photoshop Madness for Easter -- everyone likes cute little easter pictures!
* Make a Print Ready Easter Greeting Card from Scratch * Easter Egg in Illustrator 3D * Jelena Jovanovic Easter Art * decorated egg shapes * MORE Easter Eggs * Easter Signs * Easter Eggs * Ainseley duz eggs, chicks and bunnies * and more February 25, 2015
March is "Women's History Month" and each year for the past twenty years, we've celebrated with a guided tour of some of the best designing women we could find in the world. Some of these were actually sent in by readers, others were discovered online by staff. . Ladies and gentlemen, we present the 20th Annual Designing Women edition surf 1 :
- UN Women ad series reveals widespread sexism
- Hallie McGee ~ Designer + Creative
- How the Media Failed Women in 2013
- Nicoz Balboa: Magical Mystery Wood
- Anita Wasik : Divine Vision
- Liz Clements : the fine pen
- Three Designing Women
- Luci Gutiérrez
- Ena Cardenal
- ... and more to come!
In time for spring is this collection of art files you can download for fun, learning or even creative idea starters! The sample files -- all nicely drawn! All these come from the superb Dover books, and all of these are very inexpensive books! Have fun, happy Easter! February 24, 2015
Celebrating Women's History Month won't be complete without taking a look at some of the spectacular work created by women in the art and publishing world. Many of us were raised on these illustrations. A whole generation enjoyed books and reading as the favored diversion -- there were no TVs, computers or other visual medias. Enjoy these samples from the book! February 23, 2015