Digital Photography and Summer Reading
Take a few shots of creativity -- it's JUNE... school is out, and time to get out there and enjoy digital shooting! Take along a book and fill those leisure hours with eye-candy creative shots in the arm!
WIN prizes for sharing your favorite shots
Here is your opportunity to show and tell DTG and Design Center readers about your photography, graphic design, illustration or image editing experience and skills!
In July, we'll be showing DTG Reader's photos and art! Send in your three or four best pieces of digital photography, image editing, or photo-illustration, write captions for each -- be sure to include your web site address, and gallery along with keywords and description. DTG readers will really enjoy a field trip to your digital digs... Get your DTG Gallery folio NOW.
Digital Photo Fixes for Beginners
This series looks at several areas where beginners really need quick and easy solutions... here we cover exposure, levels, cropping, sizing, scaling, flash corrections for fall-off. And, by popular demand, we'll show you the digital step wedges we use to save a bunch of paper and ink ... Easy Photo Tricks
Illustrator CS3 Live Color
Design guru Geoff Blake joins us for a look at some awesome color power... Geoff sez:
"You're gonna love Illustrator's new Live Color command. It remaps the colors in your artwork -- reducing artwork to a specific number of colors with just a few mouse clicks, creating eye-popping color combinations"
Blow up those JPGs
one of those frequent questions we get all the time is "How can we enlarge our JPG images, or shots downloaded from the web?" Sooner or later, if you have a digital camera and a computer, you're going to want to enlarge an image. This time we're challenged with enlargements over 1000 percent... but we solved the problems with a good dose of Genuine Fractals
Sizzling hot eye-candy titles just in time for summer...
Take your art and . . . STICK IT! in a journey into the art form of stickers and street art! ~ Translating Hollywood the design, art and times of movie posters ~ Face Food: The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes ~ The Amazing Pixel Popping Paparazzi - Pixel Based Illustration & Design book! ~ The rebirth of Elvis and Jimi Hendrix... and more!
See: Eye Candy Books for Summer
Picking up the Pieces of my Life
This month George relates a little problem he had downloading some graphics for his May newsletter -- which turned into big problems after turning off his Windows anti-virus software... Lessons learned ... again!
Ultimate photo retouch kit
we've been experimenting with some very cool plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop, and Fluid Mask looks like a home run for creative professionals, photographers, graphic designers, and image editors who need to do image extractions and creative enhancements quickly and flawlessly. And here's a great bundle of retouching tools
Business: The Land of Difficult People
From Tibet to Mexico to the Balkans, every culture has its own cherished folktales. Now, Terrence L. Gargiulo and Gini Graham Scott, Ph.D share their wisdom for dealing with typical workplace characters drawn from the world's treasury of folk stories -- welcome to the Land of Difficult People
Stylish image editing
While everyone was thinking Adobe makes the most stylish and cool software, brothers Aidas and Saulius Dailide will have nothing of it! Their awesome product is not only a revolutionary image editing program, it's GPU-powered to boot! If you're running a Mac, you might want to look at this gem before actually buying anything else... Pixelmator
The Designer's Bookshelf for 2008
There's so much new, we cannot do it in a single page... every department has some very hot new titles... * Graphic Design * in Desktop Publishing including InDesign and QuarkXpress * in Adobe Photoshop & Photography * in Web Design and Multimedia * in Graphics and 3D Rendering * for Business, Mac users, General Computing and the iLife
and they're all in the Designer's Bookshelf
We invite you to visit all our partners and friends because they support your Design Center! Take advantage of all they have to offer, and tell them DTG sent you!
Support your Design Center and DTG Magazine by becoming a partner or a friend!
- Feature interview: Maggie Macnab...
- Business Primer: How much should I charge?
- Business Primer: How do I get new clients?
- Business Primer: Lead Services: Pros & Cons
- Add Drama to your Photos with Photoshop and the Motion Blur
- Photoshop: Balancing the light in Night Scenes
- Color Palettes: Like a Cherry on Vanilla Ice
- Hand made: Pope Benedict XVI gets The Saint John's Bible
- Business: Surviving the Economic Downturn
- Photography: Morphing Images on Leopard
- 60-Seconds: Crime gets a free ride from ICANN
- Review: Cool Clip Art from Jumsoft
- Review: Zero-configuration CMS SkyBlueCanvas
- Review: Doozla Drawing for Kids!
- Graphic Design: Building Color? What's in your palette?
- Review: Decoding Design: Understanding and Using Symbols in Visual Communication
- Designing Women: Stacey Dyer: Rock on!
- Designing Women: Dutcher Design: web.graphics.solutions
- Creative Networking: Designing Women, 2008
- Design Feature: Color Palettes in Design
- Design Business: Top 10 Marketing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Graphic Design Commentary: Revisiting the SOFT SOAP Promotion
- Reviews: Digital Photography Companion practical photography advice
- Reviews: Digital Photography from the ground up
- Reviews: Photonic for Flickr Mac OS X's first full Flickr application
- Web Design: Codeless web sites
- Designing Women: Sareh Khajehnouri Designing Women: Contemporary Native
- Designing Women: Designing Women, 2008
- Photoshop: Creating Mirror Reflections...
- Photoshop: Join two photos clipping from one, and adding to the other!
- Photoshop 911: Creating your own Custom Drop Shadows
- Design Business: Become a Midas Manager
- MORE: on the next page...
Real Help for Photoshop Users
tips & tricks, real-world solutions for reader problems -- as well as resources, tutorials, techniques and effects come your way each and every day in the Photoshop 911 Emergency Room!
Photoshop Questions Need Answers
Photoshop 911 has been overwhelmed with questions from readers -- looking for answers! If you are a Photoshop guru, we urge you to stop in and tackle some of the many Photoshop and Photoshop Elements questions from the Photoshop 911 Help Line. Help us Answer Questions from Readers
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive news about DT& headlines, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Join the discussion : in the Designers' CAFE discussion forums
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Help Support The Design Center: with your donation, we say thank you with free books, listings, and even links on the front page!
- Does your Web Site Suck?: Let the WDR Design Team give you a critique of your web site and get helpful advice on how to make it the best it can be!
YOUR LINK HERE? your products or services among these pages! Just see the "Partner" section of our "Friends" page.
- Continues on the NEXT PAGE
David Pogue, in Macworld Magazine said
"DT&G is a one man tour de force of advice, instruction and how-to's pertaining to all things graphic! . . . There are other ezines about design and art. But none approach the usefulness of this one."