Digital Photography and Summer Reading
Take a few shots of creativity -- it's July... school is out, and time to get out there and enjoy digital shooting! Take along a book and fill those leisure hours with eye-candy creative shots in the arm!
What's in your portfolio?
Here is your opportunity to show and tell DTG and Design Center readers about your photography, graphic design, illustration or image editing experience and skills! Send in your three or four best pieces of digital photography, image editing, or photo-illustration, and we'll enjoy a field trip to your digital digs...
Designers discover fractallicious fractals!
In the DTG Graphics department, creative digital artist Pam Blackstone specializes in fractal art and begins a series of articles to introduce you to the design possibilities found in the wonderful, colorful, amazing world of fractals. So get ready for some eye-popping good fun with fractals that are Fractallicious!
Photo Folio: Tracy Martin
It's always a pleasure to visit DTG readers and their portfolios -- and sometimes, maybe one out of every so many hundreds of entries, along comes one with true vision. When we looked at Tracy's images were then frozen to the moment. You must experience the Photo Folio of: Tracy Martin
Photo Folio: Jerry Jividen photos saving wildlife
Jerry's folio submission arrived and we immediately took a little trip over to his photo site where we found a huge diversity of great shots... but the story in this post is saving wildlife through photography! Jerry Jividen: photos save wildlife
Digital Photo Depth of Field - Focus Fall-Off
In this free Photoshop tutorial we demonstrate the ease of gradient masks, layer masks and blurring to save a one-time-only photograph for a web page. We also utilize the cool photo filter to finish this shot with Depth of Field or Focus Fall-Off
Chrome : Photoshop Path Styler
Our quest for the perfect chrome never really went away. But we really came close here! You need to check out the WOW stuff you can do with Path Styler Pro -- the powerful styling plug-in for Photoshop makes stunning filter effects with a simple click or two... Check out this chrome
Serif DTP Software comes to the U.S.
Serif is bringing its four award-winning desktop publishing, design and graphics software products to the U.S. market! Now, American graphic designers can take advantage of these powerful design tools -- PagePlus X3, WebPlus X2, PhotoPlus X2 and DrawPlus X2.
Email chains: Check first, click later
60-Second Window: Fred received another email chain letter, and rather than just deleting it, he did a little research and then responded to the email addresses in the chain. Why? First, to set the record straight, and second, to express my disdain for email chains ... here's what he said
Photo-realistic digital frames
ImageFramer custom image framing utility for Mac OS X makes it easy to apply photo-realistic frames to digital images, drawings or any original artwork. Users can add single frames (with multiple mats), watermarks, batch process and more... Just Frame It
Digital Photo tips & tricks for summer
This series looks at several areas where beginners really need quick and easy solutions... here we cover exposure, levels, cropping, sizing, scaling, flash corrections for fall-off. And, by popular demand, we'll show you the digital step wedges we use to save a bunch of paper and ink ... Easy Photo Tricks
Web Design & Reviews new site critiques
This month's Web Design Review forum looks at more than 60 web sites for readers, with hundreds of tips and insights ... we'll see everything from the Hyperstellar site to a total remake discussion of the Sending Love site. You'll see beginners' personal sites, my beloved angels site, and get reflections on how to improve delivery, as well as a quick lesson in site validation for a 3D modeling site.. It all happens in the Web Design Critique department of the Design Cafe
Photoshop 911 forum topics
We've had several hundred new members in the past few months, and discussions are getting a lot of help to a lot of new users ... from colour to black/white ; Problems with Image Processor ; CS3 Brushes ; help with transparency ; JPEGs opening in landscape ; Removing Colours from jpeg ; corrupt files ; CS2 not saving EPS as JPG ; and even simulating dymo tape! If you're not a member yet, you may be missing some valuable help from all the pros in the Photoshop 911 Forum
The Designer's Bookshelf for 2008
There's so much new, we cannot do it in a single page... every department has some very hot new titles... * Graphic Design * in Desktop Publishing including InDesign and QuarkXpress * in Adobe Photoshop & Photography * in Web Design and Multimedia * in Graphics and 3D Rendering * for Business, Mac users, General Computing and the iLife
and they're all in the Designer's Bookshelf
We invite you to visit all our partners and friends because they support your Design Center! Take advantage of all they have to offer, and tell them DTG sent you!
Support your Design Center and DTG Magazine by becoming a partner or a friend!
- Design Bookshelf: Sizzling hot Eye Candy Books for Summer
- Photoshop: Blow up those JPGs with Genuine Fractals
- Photoshop: Ultimate photo retouch kit of retouching tools
- Illustrator CS3 Live Color: creating eye-popping color combinations"
- George Engel: Picking up the Pieces of my Life Lessons learned ... again!
- Stylish image editing Pixelmator alternative to Photoshop
- Feature interview: Maggie Macnab...
- Business Primer: How much should I charge?
- Business Primer: How do I get new clients?
- Business Primer: Lead Services: Pros & Cons
- Add Drama to your Photos with Photoshop and the Motion Blur
- Photoshop: Balancing the light in Night Scenes
- Color Palettes: Like a Cherry on Vanilla Ice
- Hand made: Pope Benedict XVI gets The Saint John's Bible
- Business: Surviving the Economic Downturn
- Photography: Morphing Images on Leopard
- 60-Seconds: Crime gets a free ride from ICANN
- Review: Cool Clip Art from Jumsoft
- Review: Zero-configuration CMS SkyBlueCanvas
- Review: Doozla Drawing for Kids!
- Graphic Design: Building Color? What's in your palette?
- Review: Decoding Design: Understanding and Using Symbols in Visual Communication
- Designing Women: Stacey Dyer: Rock on!
- Designing Women: Dutcher Design: web.graphics.solutions
- Creative Networking: Designing Women, 2008
- Design Feature: Color Palettes in Design
- Design Business: Top 10 Marketing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Graphic Design Commentary: Revisiting the SOFT SOAP Promotion
- MORE: on the next page...
Real Help for Photoshop Users
tips & tricks, real-world solutions for reader problems -- as well as resources, tutorials, techniques and effects come your way each and every day in the Photoshop 911 Emergency Room!
Photoshop Questions Need Answers
Photoshop 911 has been overwhelmed with questions from readers -- looking for answers! If you are a Photoshop guru, we urge you to stop in and tackle some of the many Photoshop and Photoshop Elements questions from the Photoshop 911 Help Line. Help us Answer Questions from Readers
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive news about DT& headlines, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Join the discussion : in the Designers' CAFE discussion forums
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Help Support The Design Center: with your donation, we say thank you with free books, listings, and even links on the front page!
- Does your Web Site Suck?: Let the WDR Design Team give you a critique of your web site and get helpful advice on how to make it the best it can be!
YOUR LINK HERE? your products or services among these pages! Just see the "Partner" section of our "Friends" page.
- Continues on the NEXT PAGE
David Pogue, in Macworld Magazine said
"DT&G is a one man tour de force of advice, instruction and how-to's pertaining to all things graphic! . . . There are other ezines about design and art. But none approach the usefulness of this one."