From Greenwich CT, US comes designer Carey Jones with her own brand of hard-hitting graphic design... from her own studio called Balance Design. Which we think is the perfect name since the studio produces a varied range of designs from packaging to logotypes that show off a true balance!
Balance Design was established in Greenwich, Connecticut in 1997. Carey Jones, Founder and Creative Director, has developed effective creative solutions for industry leading national accounts, emerging businesses and non-profit organizations.
In 2002, Lauren Bruhn joined the firm in California as Creative Director/West Coast, renewing a successful working relationship the two principals established 14 years prior. Both principals have degrees in Graphic Design and Fine Art, and a combined 35 years in the design field.
These added capabilities and increased breadth of experience allow Balance Design to provide more comprehensive strategic design solutions for our clients. As designers, we have created memorable work for Perrier Group of America, Olin Corporation, Encad, Qualcomm, Titleist Golf, Dennis Connor Sports, Minolta, Lotus, Mail Boxes Etc., San Diego Museum of Art, Karl Strauss Breweries, and more.
1. Logo design for promotional items sold at The US Open Tennis Championship.
2. Cheetah Turbo Logo Logo design for a company that rebuilds and remanufactures turbochargers.
3. Promotional sales brochure designed to promote an advertising special in The Pharmaceutical Century.
4. Logo design for creativelatitude.com, an international network of creative business professionals.
5. Direct mail piece for an IT tour to college campuses. Distinctive shapes and materials, such as a metal cover and bolts were used to reflect the uniqueness of the tour.
The principals of Balance Design have been recognized by the following professional organizations for design excellence: Art Directors Club of New York, Type Directors Club, American Institute of Graphic Arts, PRINT, American Corporate I.D., Graphic Design: USA, Connecticut Art Directors Club, The Creative Show, Publish Magazine and Aldus Magazine.
- GRAPHICS: Branding; Corporate Identity; Print/Collateral Materials; Capabilities Brochures; Product Catalogs; Media Kits; Annual Reports; Book Design PRODUCT
- DEVELOPMENT: Product Design; Product Naming; Brand Identity; Packaging
- DIGITAL MEDIA: Website Design; Multimedia/Kiosk/CD-ROM
- ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN: Retail Signage & Environmental Design
- GRAPHICS/EXHIBITIONS: Exhibit Design; Point-of Purchase Displays
- MARKETING SERVICES: Direct Mail; Brand Management; Advertising Communications; Promotional Design; Presentation Graphics; Sales Materials; Market Research/Focus Groups
If you would like to have DTG readers visit your digs in a Design Center monthly Field Trip, just let us know. Tell us a little about your corner of the world and we'll get dates going!
Send us your creations, or those you happen to discover, for The Gallery. All DTG and Design Center readers love to hear from others in the field and see samples of design, illustration, publishing, signs or other visual communications
You send them in and we'll show them in the Design & Publishing Center Gallery.
Design & Publishing Center Lobby |
DT&G News Front Page