Whitening Teeth & Eyes with Photoshop -
with Barry Huggins
Method 3: Curves
We can also use Curves to brighten the teeth and change their color. This method is particularly useful if you want to fine-tune the effect in more detail.
1 Make another selection of the teeth, then choose
Image > Adjustments > Curves (Ctrl/Cmd + M).
We need a white adjustment, so keep the Channel set to RGB and drag the top right corner of the diagonal line to the left as shown.
2 Slight Yellowing: You'll notice that this results in a slight yellowing of the teeth.
Blue is the complement of yellow, so pick the Blue channel from the Channel drop-down, then create the curve as shown.
To copy mine exactly, click on the top endpoint of the curve, then type 234 in the Input number field.
The final image shows the same settings applied to the whites of the eyes.
Click here for the final results.
Barry Huggins brings you the Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers -- and tells you everything you need to know to use Adobe Photoshop CS2. Learn how to adjust, correct, retouch, and manipulate your photographs-without making you first learn everything there is to know about the application. These straightforward, easy-to-follow recipes give you specific directions so you can quickly and easily:
* Fix exposure, focus, and color problems
* Add special effects like motion blurs, lens effects, and surface textures
* Improve portraits by removing red eye, wrinkles, and blemishes
* Add and remove objects from photos seamlessly
* Use lighting effects to create more dramatic images
* Restore faded and damaged photos
* Give new shots a vintage, old-fashioned look
* Create posterized and hand-tinted images
* Assemble and fine-tune composite photos
* Correct perspectives
The book tackles each real-life project in full color, with a hands-on approach. The fully illustrated recipes produce reliable and immediate results, and include "at a glance" panels and tip boxes that cover key techniques in detail.
Barry Huggins, the author of Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers, has created the only recipe-format manual on photographic retouching targeted specifically to digital photographers. Founder of a highly successful multimedia training and consulting company, Huggins is uniquely qualified to deliver step-by-step instruction in digital retouching methodology, with easy-to-follow recipes that address specific problems and teach "best practices" techniques. This is his fifth book on digital imaging and graphics software.
Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers with 113 Easy-to-Follow Recipes to Improve Your Photos and Create Special Effects By Barry Huggins ... tells you everything you need to know to adjust, correct, retouch, and manipulate your photographs-without making you first learn everything there is to know about Photoshop CS2. Sample Excerpt: Motion Blurring and Removing Skin Blemishes & Wrinkles (PDF Format)
- This article is the exclusive property of O'Reilly Publishing and Ilex Press, Limited. © Copyright 2005 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All images are the exclusive property of Barry Huggins. ©Copyright 2005 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Help Support The Design Center: with your donation, we say thank you with free books, listings, and even links on the front page!
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site