Good site, minor problems
Reviewed by: Leona
|This is a review of GeoProducts Company Site, original comments: I worked with the company to try and put together a site that would provide some basic information on their product and how it can be applied. It is mostly for business to business.|
- This is a good site! I like the colors, they're consistent and contemporary/classical. The graphics - the webbing in the background - is a nice, fast loading touch.
I like the "Alt" text on the photos - detailed and descriptive. Overall it loads fast and looks sharp & professional.
- Some suggestions:
- That being said - here's the stuff that wasn't so great:
- The main text is a little too small for me to read comfortably on a 1024x768 screen, I think it's set at about 8 point.
- The graphical menu on the left has white boxes come up when you do a mouseover - looks like a special effect didn't quite load there.
- The alignment on the "diamond" menu on the left is a bit weird - I wasn't sure if it was deliberate design or just poor alignment, but it's very disconcerting because it doesn't seem to follow anything logical, like "the page you're on is offset to the left". It varies from page to page.
- My last comment is that while the photos on each page are nice, many of them take too long to load and aren't worth waiting for.
Overall, I really do like the design on this site. Good job, whoever did this one! Looks like a lot of work and thought went into it.
- Editor Notes:
- Thanks, Leona. It's nice to get two points of view from two different designers. We agree with the "offset" comment -- seems more like a mistake.
Be sure to see Bennie Taylor's review of this site.