Art, Gallery, Portfolio Sites for Review
this listing includes web sites in the visual arts... artists, paintings, painters, photography, photographers, galleries, art resources, designer resources, arts and crafts and other sites submitted which relate to the art community.
NOTICE: you are advised to turn OFF cookies while viewing these sites. Both dormant and active stalker cookies have been detected in these sites!
- Year-long sketch-a-day contemporary art experiment
- Ok, here is a review from Artmoco.com "Art Juggernaut Cojo is at it again ñ well, he never stops, certainly not this time. Cojo has just launched a sketch-a-day project of his street-pop where he will be doing one pencil sketch every day for a year, giving himself enough sketches from which to compose ten huge paintings, when the year is up. The ten subjects all start with ëSí, the lowest common denominator of the alphabet. Anorexia is a sharp sketch that will be part of his Socialite series, lots of curves that cleverly disguise the facts."
http://www.Sketch365.com - Cojo "Art Juggernaut", posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Daniel Markoya - Christian Music and Artography
- The site is online to introduce people to my music and photographic art as well as generate sales. I am open for helpful critiques. Thanks, Daniel Markoya
http://www.danielmarkoya.com - Daniel Markoya, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- design video and animation
- my site is on line to show my work and act as a portfolio. the site is not complete but its running. there are pdf files I need to post and more videos.
http://www.kevinbartels.com - kevin Bartels, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Photo Slide Show - Share Your Memories with Style
- SlideShow software for creating photo slide shows or Flash slide shows from your still digital images.
http://www.photo2vcd.com - lookaa, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Fashion design by "Gajami"
- Fashion designer GAJAMI website. In first page you can try to create a collage, by draging objects. Objects are taken from GAJAMI collections and sceches. Our design agency MOIRA VISUALS Ltd. (http://www.moira.lt) have created brand identity and web site for GAJAMI.
http://www.gajami.info - Marius Bartkus, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Art works by Mark Vatnsdal
- Hi, I'd like to get an idea of how well this site is working. It's strengths and weaknesses. What needs to be added or removed. I appreciate all comments... Looking for feedback on a site designed to introduce past work to galleries and curators. predominantly images of paintings at the moment.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mwv1/index.html - m vatnsdal, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- ScrapbookFinds.com Scrapbooking Supply Search
- ScrapbookFinds.com is a tool for scrapbookers to search among multiple online retailers for scrapbooking supplies.
http://www.scrapbookfinds.com - Richard Robbins, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Sarah Dillard Illustration
- This is a site to promote my illustration work. I have tried to make it light and engaging, while at the same time showing how effectively my illustrations can be used.
http://www.sarahdillard.com - Sarah Dillard, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- graphics and innovations
- services of 3D design,architecture and other resources
http://the3dtechnologies.com - Nicola, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Wisconsin photos by Susan Lukas
- My photos of Wisconsin are offered as prints or as digital images for brochures, cards, calendars, etc. I also accept assignments in architectural photography. I'm looking for ideas to expand this Web site and my freelance business.
http://www.window2wis.com - Sue Lukas, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- REBUS - 3D Animation
- The production of 3D animated films for TV, industry, trade shows, events and computer based training (CBT / WBT) is our main focus.
http://www.rebusmedia.de - sunil singh, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Washington DC Photo Tour
- This site is to provide a photo tour of Washington DC tourism attractions. It is graphic intensive site, please comments
http://www.dcphototour.com - William, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Oneiric Realism - The Art of Steve Smith
- I designed this site to promote for the artist Steve Smith to promote his work.
http://oneiricrealism.com - Debbie Gray, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- The homepage of a free software that provides easy acces to high quallity , good looking wallpapers. One of the few free and 100% no adware!
http://wallpaperbox.currentchaos.com - Remaker, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
Reviewing Web Sites
One designer recently said
"You learn good design by looking at bad design."... another states
"You learn good design through the works of others."
Both of these are correct -- but only to a certain point. We believe that you learn good design through the works of others only when you make an effort to actually evaluate the work and state why you think it works or doesn't work. Only then do you actually make it part of your knowledge-base. We're all born with the same set of tools. Those tools you develop and 'grow' are the ones that you use for life -- the effective ones.
If you find a site you like, make an effort to state why you like it. If it doesn't work, state why -- regardless of whether or not you tell the rest of us about your feelings. Just do it!
Read "Review Guidelines"
Posting Your ReviewsPost your reactions to our online Site Review Form ... Or send your comments and impressions to: admin at Webdesign-review dot com
YOU MUST include the URL or TITLE of the web site you're commenting on. Otherwise we won't be able to match it up with the site description originally posted to WebDesign & Review. Your comments may be published, but your name and/or email address will NOT be published to anyone.
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- READ Our Writer's Guidelines: before sending articles
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site
- Trademarks & Legal