Business Sites for review
this listing includes business, ecommerce, shopping, SOHO, retail, merchants, gifts, dot-coms and other sites submitted which relate to retail or commerce.
Disclaimer - Reviewer Beware: We do not endorse these sites or their products as Good or Bad by virtue of posting them here. All content was authored by the posting party, NOT Web Design & Review. They were posted by their authors specifically for the purpose of a CRITIQUE -- not advertising! You are also advised to turn OFF cookies while viewing these sites. Both dormant and active stalker cookies have been detected from many of these sites!
- New Website
- I am the lead programmer for the company that has a vested interest in the venture. My team will be developing the server modules to replace the current languages being used. Please see the demonstrations provided. I am seeking feedback in respect to functionality and features rather than design and copy concepts. I thought this would be a good place to start.
http://www.siteorders.com - Aaron DeLoach, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Alex's Boutique-Baby Land
- We decided to try to sell online when my wife became ill and could no longer work. Our site is mostly baby items and decor, however, we do have two pages of jewelry. As far as design and products I think everything seems to be okay. I have just had problems with meta tags, keywords, html and all needed for the search engines to pick up my site. I would appreciate anything you can tell me to help. Nursery decor, organic cotton blankets and sleepwear, swarovski jewelry
http://alexsboutique.com - RAY ALEXANDER, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Adverse Credit debt consolidation-Fix Your Debts
- Fix Your Debts offers debt consolidation loans online for the UK residents with poor credit history, arrears, default and CCJs to fix their debts quickly, also offering tenant debt consolidation loan, secured homeowner loans and many more.
http://www.fixyourdebts.co.uk - Allina Dixon, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Earth Friendly Goods
- This site is online to sell products. The reviewer should critique: navigation, presentation, ease of use, visual efficacy.
http://www.earthfriendlygoods.com - Amie C. Nguyen, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Wuraweb is a business directory
- The site is online to allow users to search for service providers and their exact prices, instead of using local yellow book sites just to find the contact info,when they are going to call the place anyway. Features to take notice of: how is the browse category feature, how does the site look on whole. critique: how useful is this site? have you seen this before? if so is this better, the same, or worse?is it easy to search and submit? when you first visit, do you know exactly what to do? also...how do you think the SEO is? I need tips.
http://www.wuraweb.com - Ashli Norton, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Send Flowers, Gifts, Cakes and Chocolates to India
- Send Gifts, Cakes, Chocolates and Flowers to India. Same day delivery.
http://www.orchidsnroses.com - Naresh, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Art Deco Spirit - Art Deco Collectibles
- This is a first attempt at HTML, it's purpose is to sell antiques & collectibles. I feel that it's easy to navigate, attractive, and mostly efficient and correct. I'd like to know if there's anything I can do to improve it. I'm interested in any advice you could give on how to improve the appearance or function of the site.
http://www.decospirit.com - Candy Slackman, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Send gifts and flowers to South India
- Online Gift shop to send Gifts & Flowers to South India for all kind of Occasions.
http://www.deccansojourn.com - Madhushree, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- DaySpa Divas bring the day spa experience to you
- The site is online to draw consumers interested in spa services in their home, office, hotel suite or other location. We have a webpage for spa parties, teen spa parties, bridal spa parties, corporate event spa parties, and individual services. We then also offer spa services in our location in St. Charles, Missouri and we have a webpage for this included on the site.
http://www.dayspadivas.com - Doria Schneider, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Mobile Day Spa - the spa on wheels
- My site is online for prospective clients to learn more about us and shows our packing and pricing. Since my business is a fairly new endeavor and something people do not know much about I am trying to make sure that the point gets across as to what we do and how it is done, as well as making the consumer desire our services. I need critiquing on whether the site attracts people, user friendly?, and anything that could use an upgrade or improvement. Thanks!
http://www.dayspadivas.com - Doria Schneider, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- send gifts and flowers to chennai
- Online Gift shop to send Gifts & Flowers to Chennai.
http://www.chennaiblossoms.com - shallu garg, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Images of Wyoming - Photographs by Jerry Geist
- This is a site designed to promote my photographic art and provide a way for interested clients to make purchases. There is a part of the site for wholesalers to sign up for making purchases at wholesale prices for resale. It has several features you may find interesting, including choices of frames to view individual images with. It currently contains over 500 portfolio images, a free ecard service, featured print page and more features. There is also a link to the site listed on this page that is dedicated to a limited edition 8' wide panorama print of the Tetons, the Snake River and a moose wading the waters of Schwabacher Landing.
http://www.jerrygeistphotography.com - jerry geist, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Online Real Estate Community
- Mouse Click Homes is online to create a revolutionary way to deal with real estate on all levels. The real estate agents get a great way to advertise their listings, and the great agents get a simple way to market themselves. Home buyers get to search all listings with all the information, for free, without having to input personal information, and without getting bombarded with calls and e-mails from agents. They get to rate their agent, and search for an agent based on past client ratings, and the detailed agent profile. The site is funded by agent memberships, and a portion of all proceeds go to charities of the members choice. Anywhere from 10-75% of each membership is given away. Charities can sign up for fundraising program, and raise funds for their organization. Parts I would like reviewed, are the main page. and the membership sign up pages. I have hired multiple designers to get this site ready to launch, and am still not perfectly happy with the results. Trying to stay away from flash in the site, but trying to find a way for the main image to rotate without it. I am open to ideas and suggestions. I just feel it looks too cramped and cluttered and it takes way too long to load.
http://www.mouseclickhomes.com - Kristine Baranowski, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- The Tasteful Garden - where it's all about the flavor
- We are an ecommerce site that provides many types of educational opportunities to our customers on growing culinary herbs, vegetables, and heirloom tomatoes. We strive to attract beginners to the site to give them the basic instructions to be successful at their first time veggie gardening experience. Our approach is to create excitement about our products with good photography, full descriptions of the plants, and inspirational recipes for cooking with the results of their labors.
http://www.tastefulgarden.com - Cindy Martin, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Flowers gifts delivery to Pune & Maharastra
- Online Florist for delivery of Flowers, Cakes and others Gifts to Pune & Maharastra.
http://www.PuneOnlineFlorists.com - Ashutosh Dighe, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Private Investigation COmpany
- Even if the site is not in English we will be curios to know from teh design point of view what do you think : look and feel of the site. (the site is a presentation site of a private investigation unit) Thank you.
http://www.detectivz.com - Radu, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- O.C Tanner
- This is to advertise what type of jewelry that this company sells. Does the color scheme work throughout the site, is it easy to navigate, how is the overall design?
http://www.octannerstore.com - scott, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Send Flowers To Greece
- On-line Flower Shop. Same day delivery flowers in Greece, No Delivery Cost,flowers roses baskets plants at sendflowers.gr Beautiful Flowers Beautiful Moments
http://www.sendflowers.gr - spiros bl, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Well, I'd like to have a global overview and an external point of view of the coherence of design, offer, audience, navigation.
http://www.wazapix.com - stephane megy, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- federal,security and defense jobs for US Citizens
- This is a portal for US citizens looking for jobs and employers looking for qualified people. The jobs posted includes federal, state , county, defense contracting jobs, security jobs, army , air force , navy , marine and security clearance jobs etc.
http://www.jobsforuscitizens.com - Raj, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Headshots for actors, musicians, professionals, etc.
- This site is designed as a pure selling site. Not a flashy photography website. It's designed to give the interested party reasons why they should choose and book a headshot session now.
http://www.aceheadshots.com - Wayne Wallace, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Diamond Engagement Ring
- Lavish, sparkling and smooth are the synonyms of diamonds. It is not only their eternal beauty that forces a person to acquire them but the value which these stones carry due to their rareness. So, if you want someone to make special and distinguish go for a glittering diamond. Believe me, you donít need any words. Its spark and light will say every thing.Women and diamonds are said to be complementary to each other. Their association is like different and beautiful colors in a painting which enhances the beauty and gives a new meaning to it. No doubt, diamonds are considered girlís best friend as its beauty and light gives an added value to her personality. Women feel a sense of greatness and richness with diamonds. Thatís why every women love to have diamond as gifts. They are always eager to add variety of diamond in their collection. Therefore most of diamond selling companies keep women as their centre. As a concentrated form of carbon, diamond is really scare and costly. Because of the clarity and size, their value increases tremendously. It simply means the price of diamond increases with its clarity. The price of diamond also depends on the cut and design it possesses. A complex and heavy design is costlier than a simple design as diamond is difficult to cut. A small mistake in cut can ruin the whole piece. The worth of diamond also increases with its color. There are different natural-colored diamonds are available in the market. Yellow, white, orange, brown, blue, red and pink diamonds are those rare forms which are far from vicinity. Nowadays, green diamond is also in fashion. Due to their scarcity, pink and green diamonds are really difficult to locate in showrooms. Because of the clarity and size, colorless and clear crystal diamond is rarest and most expensive diamond available on earth. If you are going for buying a diamond, try to understand its worth and value.Weight is also a major factor in deciding the worth of a diamond. Normally, showroom people do not reveal the correct weight of the listed diamond to earn profit. To protect innocent buyers from any kind of cheating, an international authority has been set up to monitor the business of diamonds. They ensure that a customer should get their moneyís worth.Diamonds are not only what they appear. They are more than that. From a bright and vivacious beauty to a personality adder it makes you feel specially and taller.
http://www.1a-jewelry.com - Arun Verma, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- French design
- Soyou give access to new french design with stickers, "sewingraphy", photography and lots of new projects coming soon... surprise !!! look at and comment our website, we need your suggestions.
http://www.soyou.fr/ - Solange ABAZIOU, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Sells reconditioned ultrasounds, transducers and replacement parts
- I am a small home business and without spending an arm and a leg, would leg to make some changes to my website. I want to add some navagation features on the home page, ie. ultrasound and also transducer select buttons, and then want to add a list of my ultrasounds and also transducers as separate pages. There is no redesign thought necessary on your parts, as I have the lists all made up, you just need to plug them in. I may add a peripheral page as well, ie. medical grade VCRs, multi-format cameras, printers. I would like to know the cost to do this.
http://www.USAMEDINTL.COM - RICHARD MAYNARD, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- cerhost hosting
- cerhost offers a Cost Effective Reliable HOSTING solution aswell as web design, tempalte download, free hosting, script design and more ! Including DOMAINS...
cerhost.com - Tom, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Goauto - New Zealand - Used Cars For Sale
- the web site has a intellegent search engine that displays only the vehicles for sale with in the bounds of the search , dubbed the google of web portals goauto.co.nz is used as the doorway in to our multi media advertising platform.
http://www.goauto.co.nz - mathew, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
Reviewing Web Sites
One designer recently said
"You learn good design by looking at bad design."... another states
"You learn good design through the works of others."
Both of these are correct -- but only to a certain point. We believe that you learn good design through the works of others only when you make an effort to actually evaluate the work and state why you think it works or doesn't work. Only then do you actually make it part of your knowledge-base. We're all born with the same set of tools. Those tools you develop and 'grow' are the ones that you use for life -- the effective ones.
If you find a site you like, make an effort to state why you like it. If it doesn't work, state why -- regardless of whether or not you tell the rest of us about your feelings. Just do it!
Read "Review Guidelines"
Posting Your ReviewsPost your reactions to our online Site Review Form ... Or send your comments and impressions to: admin at Webdesign-review dot com
YOU MUST include the URL or TITLE of the web site you're commenting on. Otherwise we won't be able to match it up with the site description originally posted to WebDesign & Review. Your comments may be published, but your name and/or email address will NOT be published to anyone.
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- READ Our Writer's Guidelines: before sending articles
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site
- Trademarks & Legal