Education (edu) Sites for Review
this listing includes education, learning, home school, reference, K-12, research, training and other sites submitted which relate to learning. (EDU or ORG domains, Usually not for profit.
Disclaimer - Reviewer Beware: We do not endorse these sites or their products as Good or Bad by virtue of posting them here. All content was authored by the posting party, NOT Web Design & Review. They were posted by their authors specifically for the purpose of a CRITIQUE -- not advertising!
New job listings have been posted:
There are immediate openings and projects available
for capable web designers, illustrators, programmers and
The list is updated daily at the DTG Forums Jobs Listings.
The last sites posted here for review were in January of 2007.
- Oxford College of Emory University
- The Oxford College site, like many colleges, has the challenge of needing to support diverse audiences: * Prospective students - this site sells the college * Current students - where to get information about services, departments, organizations, gateway to intranet applications (OPUS, custom applications) * Faculty/Staff - information, but also a gateway to a number of intranet applications * Alumni - latest happenings, opportunity to donate We are preparing to reogranize the site as well as redesign the home page, secondary pages, and tertiary page designs. We want to focus on a easier navigation scheme, and a design that is easy for content providers to update (using Contribute) without intervention from the Web master. Thanks for your help
http://www.emory.edu/OXFORD/ - Sent in by: Seth Tepfer, posted for review on: 0610
- Ann Foundation: A Non Profit Volunteer Organization Serving Children with Disabilities Worldwide
- The Ann Foundation site exists to create greater awareness of the scope of educational services and training offered by the foundation to organizations and individuals serving children with disabilities. We recently redesigned the site to improve navigation and present more clear information about the nature of our specific projects. Please let us know if the site communicates our purpose and projects effectively and if usability issues such as navigation are on target. We also previous lacked images and have tried to integrate more photos of the children that we work with into our site.
http://www.annfoundation.org - Sent in by: Kay Hutchinson, posted for review on: 0610
- Church Website Design
- Ministry-based Powerful Church Website Design Company, provides your church with not only a great looking affordable web site, but also tools to help manage and facilitate church community growth.
http://www.powerfulchurchwebsites.com - Sent in by: Sabrina W, posted for review on: 0610
- Computer Tips
- Computer Free Tips and Tricks
http://www.ComputerFreeTips.com - Sent in by: raniraj, posted for review on: 0610
- Free video tutorials on web and graphic design software.
- The site is online as a free resource for people wishing to learn how to use their programs. The site scrolls horizontal only and is a very original design. please critique the graphics and the visual elements.
http://www.video-tutes.com - Sent in by: Andrew, posted for review on: 0610
- Graphic Design Workshop
- Enroll in our graphic design workshop
http://www.blackboardarts.com/graphicdesign/index.php - Sent in by: Sterling, posted for review on: 0610
- online course management
- This is a site to facilitate my students and augment their classroom experience. The site works as a platform to deliver lecture notes, publish results and general notices for the students. Your review on the design and usability of the site will be much appreciated
http://www.mozaher.tk - Sent in by: Mozaherul Hoque, posted for review on: 0610
- This is a middle-school web site for the school community.
- This site serves our school community--parents, teachers and students. I've worked over the last five years to make this user friendly and easy to use. I welcome comments about its layout ease of use.
http://www.aps.edu/aps/eisenhower/emshome.htm - Sent in by: Steve Brugge, posted for review on: 0610
- Vancouver Art by Capilano College Students
- Each student in the 2006 graduating class has created an oil painting of familiar local scenes with the feel and inspiration of well-known artists of the 19th and 20th centuries. Each month shows Vancouver as it might have been envisioned by Gustav Klimt, Paul C»zanne, Lawren Harris, and others.
http://www.capcalendars.com/ - john lau, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
Reviewing Web Sites
One designer recently said
"You learn good design by looking at bad design."... another states
"You learn good design through the works of others."
Both of these are correct -- but only to a certain point. We believe that you learn good design through the works of others only when you make an effort to actually evaluate the work and state why you think it works or doesn't work. Only then do you actually make it part of your knowledge-base. We're all born with the same set of tools. Those tools you develop and 'grow' are the ones that you use for life -- the effective ones.
If you find a site you like, make an effort to state why you like it. If it doesn't work, state why -- regardless of whether or not you tell the rest of us about your feelings. Just do it!
Read "Review Guidelines"
Posting Your ReviewsPost your reactions to our online Site Review Form ... Or send your comments and impressions to: admin at Webdesign-review dot com
YOU MUST include the URL or TITLE of the web site you're commenting on. Otherwise we won't be able to match it up with the site description originally posted to WebDesign & Review. Your comments may be published, but your name and/or email address will NOT be published to anyone.
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- READ Our Writer's Guidelines: before sending articles
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site
- Trademarks & Legal