Hobby & Passtime Sites for review
this listing includes hobbies, leisure, music, sports, entertainment, travel, fan sites and other sites submitted for leisure or fun surfing. (This category has merged with "Novelty" as well.)
Disclaimer - Reviewer Beware: We do not endorse these sites or their products as Good or Bad by virtue of posting them here. All content was authored by the posting party, NOT Web Design & Review. They were posted by their authors specifically for the purpose of a CRITIQUE -- not advertising!
- Fly fishing holidays around the world
- It is very difficult to find a good site that specialises in premium fly fishing holidays around the world. This site brings the top fly fishing lodges from around the world into one spot and allows the user to pick a top destination in exotic places such as Mongolia, Brazil, Argentina, Alaska and British Columbia. We aim to extend the site to include tips and features on fishing in each of the locations. I hope you will enjoy the site. We welcome any feedback to improve our site that you may have. Thank you.
http://www.wherewisemenfish.com - Boyd Carson, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- cckla evangelion homepage
- Please give me some suggestion for improvement.
http://www.geocities.com/cckla - cckla, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Kings of Chaos text based army style attack game
- this is a site that me and some friends made it is a text based fighting game where you control armies of orcs dwarves elves or humans and attack people online. critique the game for me if ya can tell me what is good and what needs to be changed or added
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/ - ben eddy, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Online Dating Services - Kyssen.com
- International Personals Community for singles looking for romance, flirting, friendship, and maybe love and marriage.
http://www.kyssen.com/ - Natalia, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Ruddyglow Park, private, secluded, boutique bed and breakfast
- The business is based in the NW highlands of Scotland. Famous for blood red sunrises, purple heather, and a specturm of muted browns. I am just not sure that the colours on the site work. Have had many favourable comments but my "gut" feel is that it we should reverse the scheme ie go for pale yellow background and dark blue text. However I am not a designer, am great at putting a wardrobe together but am struggling with this. As its a friend that helps with all the "techie" stuff in keeping the site running I am loath to suggetst changes unless they are really important. One comment I had was as the house is called ruddyglow they were surprised that the site didn't mimic the name. Quite what colours I would use to mimic that I'm really not sure. Any help and advice would really be so much apreciated. Kind regards Patricia
http://www.ruddyglowpark.com - P. Filmer-Sankey, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- My vintage watch collection
- I have been collecting vintage watches for a long time and decided I would like to share my pastime and pictures with others. Your are able to see some of the watches in my collection, with interesting facts and descriptions. I would like people to enjoy looking at the vintage watches, and encourage contact from other watch collectors.
http://vinwatdjs.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/index.jhtml - david shakespeare, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Nepal trekking
- Unique Adventure International arranges Trekking in Nepal, Tour, Travel in Nepal, Hiking, Mountaineering, Wildlife tour, Peak climbing, Whitewater rafting...
http://www.nepalclimbing.com - Unique Adventure Trekking, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Real vacation reviews
- The header is not really working for me. I want to put across the message that this is about places to go and fun to be had, but I don't think I have really got it yet.
http://www.realvacationreviews.com - Chris, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- Comedy-Whitie McWhiteivich
- This site has some funny graphics and some very funny songs. All downloadable!
http://www.songsforamerica.net/comedy_intro.htm - Whitie McWhitieivich, posted in Dec. '05 and Jan '06
- (Reviewed) Thomasinamusic.com
- Thomasina's website has been revamped, and is up for Round 2. After reading and studying the harsh review last time, more thought and consideration was put into the layout. Hopefully, after studying each element more intently, and incorporating CSS as the layout method, the site will fare better results this time. What will the results of www.graphic-design.com vs. Thomasinamusic.com, Round 2 be????
http://www.thomasinamusic.com - David Greer, posted for review on:
- Franklin 242 - A Bed and Breakfast
- The website of a new Bed and Breakfast opening in Liberty, Missouri. The owners specifically requested a site that accented simplicity, desiring an attractive and intuitive interface without an over abundance of internet bells and whistles.
http://www.franklin242.com - K.B. Butler, posted for review on: November 11, 2005
- Ekalis La PAlma Canary Islands -Spain
- trekking, canoeing, mountain biking and other activities in the island of La Palma (Canary Island- Spain).
http://www.ekalis.com - David Hernández, posted for review: September 2005
- Hyper Life Of Gaming
- This site is about the life of all the gamers online gamers or sportsmen who wish to share there lifetime Experiences. Discuss the games you played and the ones you liked and disliked along with the reasons as to your liking and disliking of that particular game.
http://h-log.com - h-log, posted for review: September 2005
- Nepal tour
- Nepal, Sits on Top of the World, is located in Southern Asia - It borders w/China on the north and India on the south... this site promotes travel to Nepal
http://www.nepaltravels.biz - Pradip Raj Panday, posted for review: September 2005
- sci fi online
- everything sci fi, this site is for the free exchange of information news and opinions on anything science fiction entertainment related
http://www.scifionline.net/ - john, posted for review: September 2005
- the #1 entertainment site offering free downloads
http://www.poke.uv5.com - zahid hussain, posted for review: September 2005
- Sudoku Mania
- Solve a sudoku puzzle every day and defy the top sudokers of the world.
http://www.gameszoo.org/sudokumania/ - Gameszoo Team, posted for review: September 2005
- Ytanium - Freeware Games to download
- Well... I started it to learn PHP and now I mantain it with newer reviews and features. All the site is nag free without any advertisement or other annoying things. The small banner circuit is with other free sites (exchange), all tested and fundamental! :-)
http://ytanium.altervista.org - Dakkar Daemor, posted for review: September 2005
- que, social issues, arts an culture. Last but not least al lot of senseless stuff...
http://www.graepel.info/ - Posted by: alia, posted for review on: 7/2/2005
- A D&D Reference Website
- It is online to provide a source of information for people who play in a D&D session... Colour scheme is also a concern of mine, particularly whether it is suitable for visually impaired or those with different monitors to my own.
http://www.eternalproject.co.uk/TotA/ - Posted by: Philip Hart, posted for review on: 7/2/2005
- this site was brought online by the pure passion for the game of soccer and to share my enthusiasm with other fans.The site has a nice graphic made in flash and it's original.
http://www.e-fotbal.ro/ - Posted by: chibi, posted for review on: 7/2/2005
Reviewing Web Sites
One designer recently said
"You learn good design by looking at bad design."... another states
"You learn good design through the works of others."
Both of these are correct -- but only to a certain point. We believe that you learn good design through the works of others only when you make an effort to actually evaluate the work and state why you think it works or doesn't work. Only then do you actually make it part of your knowledge-base. We're all born with the same set of tools. Those tools you develop and 'grow' are the ones that you use for life -- the effective ones.
If you find a site you like, make an effort to state why you like it. If it doesn't work, state why -- regardless of whether or not you tell the rest of us about your feelings. Just do it!
Read "Review Guidelines"
Posting Your Reviews
Post your reactions to our online Site Review Form ... Or send your comments and impressions to: admin at Webdesign-review dot com
YOU MUST include the URL or TITLE of the web site you're commenting on. Otherwise we won't be able to match it up with the site description originally posted to WebDesign & Review. Your comments may be published, but your name and/or email address will NOT be published to anyone.
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- READ Our Writer's Guidelines: before sending articles
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site
- Trademarks & Legal