Publications Sites for Review
this listing includes lawyers, accountants, doctors, consultants, architects, engineers, realtors, and others considered to be "professional" occupations, but NOT in the graphic design, or web design fields.
- Banta Corporation
- Banta Corporation provides a complete range of printing and prepress services for books, calendars, catalogs/booklets, direct mail, magazines, marketing collateral, and more. Services include prepress, paper management, production, personalization, assembly, fulfillment, and supply chain management.
http://www.banta.com/ - Julie, posted for review on:
- Chick Rx
- Due to the lack of funds for a print publication, my crew and I have embarked on a online mission to establish our vision of collaborating art and copy for a modern publication design. We would like an overall critique of the layout and the content, more specifically if the whole concept works together as an effective publication.
http://www.redbetti.com/ - Sunny, posted for review on:
- Zupi . The Online Brazilian Design Mag
- Here you will find inspirations, portfolios, interviews, articles, top sites, top links etc
http://www.zupi.com.br - Allan Szacher, posted for review on:
- The Art of Virtue Fern
- This is my own personal art gallery which is linked to my own person writing gallery which is linked, in turn, to my own personal blog. That's it, there is no more.
http://www.virtuefern.com - virtue, posted for review on:
- An international arts and literature magazine
- The Surface is a chronicle of observation and comment - a shop window for aspiring writers, poets, illustrators, photographers and journalists. We offer no fee. The Surface is completely and fiercely independent and involves no charge at any time to either reader or contributor. The Surface is self-funded through donations. Each edition of The Surface will be hung on a theme, each theme broad and open to interpretation - your interpretation. We are open to suggestion on future themes.
http://www.surfaceonline.org/ - Thomas Cochrane, posted for review on: 0406-01
- Digital Photography Software
- Clearness of the products (especially at the Product Review section). Easy to usage. Attractiveness. Does it appear to be too childish or it is ok. Other aspects you think interesting to comment.
http://www.inalbum.com/ - Submitted by: Crystal Lu, posted for review on: 4/27/2004
- Northwest Indiana Catholic newspaper
- We created this website as a supplement to our print edition of our newspaper. We are tring to give the public some extra stories and photos and information that we cannot possibly publish in the print edition because of cost. Please take note of the layout, and how we have arranged the pages. You may critique everything on the website. We have received feedback that the site is very useful and user friendly. We'd like your opinion on that and any suggestion you have to make it a more functionable and user friendly and interesting site. Site launched was February 5, 2004. Thank you and God Bless!
http://www.nwicatholic.com - Submitted by: C. Macinga, posted for review on: 4/27/2004
- Ninth Street Rag
- This site was created as an online resource for postal employees of the facility where I work. Its purpose is to inform and educate postal workers. It includes information from the Postal Service that affects employees, information from the postal unions that represent employees, world and local news of a postal nature and commentary and opinion from around the world on issues that impact postal employees. I would like a critique of the color scheme and the navigation of the site. I am currently working on some page updates to match the revised index page, so you will notice some secondary page headers that are distorted. This is being corrected as fast as possible.
(SEE: Critique of this site)
Location: http://www.crosswinds.net/~ninthstreetrag/NSR/ - Denny Hill, posted for review on: 1/1/2004 - BEWARE: this site dumps a lot of cookies and pop-ups!
- The Davis Enterprise newspaper, serving Davis, CA
- We're doing a redesign for our site and are looking for suggestions and critiques. Any help or ideas (or a good Web site for these suggestions) would be appreciated. We are also considering charging a fee for our Web site, or for the archives, and wonder what advice other media sites might offer. Thank you! Shawn Collins
http://davisenterprise.com/ - Shawn Collins, posted for review during: 8/2004
- South Calgary Business & Community database
- Well, in an ocean of web designers, I needed a hook. This online databse features 680 businesses within a 8 mile radius, and helps promote me as a legitimate Web Designer.
http://www.southfishcreek.com/ - Kev, posted for review on: 030428
- Why is it online? To try and be all things Macintosh with links and with our own articles on Mac-related books, hardware, software, etc. Well, actually, all of it really needs some serious critiquing and tweaking. Hey, I can handle it. The webmaster on the other hand, may balk.
http://www.maccompanion.com - Posted by: Robert Pritchett, posted for review on: 0402-23
Reviewing Web Sites
One designer recently said
"You learn good design by looking at bad design."... another states
"You learn good design through the works of others."
Both of these are correct -- but only to a certain point. We believe that you learn good design through the works of others only when you make an effort to actually evaluate the work and state why you think it works or doesn't work. Only then do you actually make it part of your knowledge-base. We're all born with the same set of tools. Those tools you develop and 'grow' are the ones that you use for life -- the effective ones.
If you find a site you like, make an effort to state why you like it. If it doesn't work, state why -- regardless of whether or not you tell the rest of us about your feelings. Just do it!
Read "Review Guidelines"
Posting Your ReviewsPost your reactions to our online Site Review Form ... Or send your comments and impressions to: admin at Webdesign-review dot com
YOU MUST include the URL or TITLE of the web site you're commenting on. Otherwise we won't be able to match it up with the site description originally posted to WebDesign & Review. Your comments may be published, but your name and/or email address will NOT be published to anyone.
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- READ Our Writer's Guidelines: before sending articles
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- SUBMIT: a link to a Photoshop web site
- Trademarks & Legal