Design & Publishing . / . WEB . / . Tips & Tricks Index . / . Copyright Web Pages
- The World Wide Web and Intellectual Property.
Today's World Wide Web is a leading arena for the use and dissemination of intellectual property as well as infringement of intellectual property rights. As the World Wide Web continues to rapidly grow, it is important to have independent documentation to substantiate the content of a Web site's files in order to support ownership claims to intellectual property and document usage and publication dates. It is also important to have records of Web site files showing infringement by others of intellectual property rights.
- Digital Copyright for Web developers...
Web site owners will now have an independent and inexpensive source for recording, documenting, and archiving of their Web site, as well as Web sites that may be infringing on their intellectual property.
__ The new online service, provided by Website-Record.com, captures a "digital snapshot" of the Web site specified, sends the client a date/time-stamped photo-quality color record of the files, and archives the files.
__ The cost is as low as $35.00 for a Web site, including 10-years of archived storage. All records are digitized directly from the WWW for accuracy and authenticity.
__ The service is designed for Web site owners, Webmasters, Web site designers and developers, programmers, authors, artists, illustrators, photographers, designers, editors, publishers, and others in the creative content community.
__ The service is also used by inventors and intellectual property (IP) owners, IP agents, IP technology transfer specialists, in-house counsel and IP attorneys, including IP litigators, patent attorneys, trademark attorneys, copyright attorneys, and others in the IP sector.
Following are examples of how Website-Record.com records may be used to assist and to establish documentation:
- Trademarks and Service Marks (use, non-use, improper use, use of Federal registration symbol, and infringement).
- Unfair Competition (demonstrate violations).
- Copyrights (date of creation, use of copyright notices, and infringement).
- Patents (use, sale, public disclosure, prior art, use of Federal patent notice, and infringement).
- Trade Secrets (demonstrate public domain status and violations).
- Publicity and Privacy Rights, and Defamation Claims (demonstrate violations).
- Jurisdictional Disputes (establish appropriate personal jurisdiction of a court).
- Enforcement of Court Orders (verify compliance with court orders).
- Proof of Change (demonstrate changes have been made to Web sites to address challenges/accusations).
Website-Record.com is located in San Diego, CA
Telephone: 800-304-9006 or 619-270-4522
Be sure to see related story on "Web Sweep"
Design & Publishing . / . WEB . / . Tips & Tricks Index
Interested in getting published?
If you'd like to publish in the pages of WebDesign & Review then capture and read our "Readers Guidelines" found here, or from our On-Demand Documents Desk by sending e-mail to Info@Graphic-Design.com ...Put the word HOSPITALITY, and GUIDELINES in the subject area.
Thank you for visiting WebDesign & Review at http://www.graphic-design.com/web/
Notes: The screen shots herein represent the copyrighted works of their respective owners, and are used here for editorial demonstration purposes. please read and be aware of our Legal Properties & Disclaimers document. Not all areas of the online environment allow special characters such as the registration and trademark marks. This file will alert you to proprietary works that cannot be duplicated or distributed. Copyright 1996, 1997, 1998, Showker Graphic Arts, for the The Design & Publishing Center, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. WebDesign & Review, Pixelsmith, WebEye are all trademarks for The Design & Publishing Center. Other products mentioned in these pages are the registered trademarks of their respective owners.