About the Design Center
Who we are, why you'll like us...
The Design & Publishing Center is all about the exchange of information, news, reviews, and all things revolving around the broad topics of design and publishing. Here you will find all kinds of resources relating to graphics, layout, design and typography. We'll always be on the look-out for better ways of communicating with less cost and less bother. Newbies are always welcome, and there are no stupid questions! Speak up, jot in some comments, or post a question. We're here for you. Above all, have a good time!
What is DT&G?
DT&G stands for "design, type and graphics." It can also mean "Desktop Graphics" if you prefer. David Pogue of the New York Times, Missing Manual Press and Macworld magazine calls it "Delicous Tips from the Guru!"
For nearly 10 years, two distinctly different versions of DT&G were enjoyed by millions of online readers. There was the internet edition, (you're reading now), the TEXT eZine edition emailed to subscribers every month, and the Downloadable PDF edition, which has been discontinued.
It is important to understand that DTG first started as the PDF edition which was distributed to all seminar and workshop attendees of Macworld Expo, Dynamic Graphics DGEF Seminars, Multicom, and other providers who hosted founder/editor Fred Showker's seminars. DTG carried additional information, answered questions and built an ongoing relationship with those workshop attendees.
What all can you do in the Design Center?
- Start at the front page and start learning, sharing and exchanging.
- Catch up on the design industry news in the news department
- Ask a question, make a comment, send a tip
- Share a comment with other readers and perhaps win a prize!
- Let other readers discover YOU in the Creative Networking department
- Show your talents to the world in the Gallery
- Share cool stuff you've found with other readers
- Send your latest news, or an Article you've written
- Share a Software, or Book Review with other readers.
- Invite your fellow readers to visit your web site!
- Visit and Review one of these web sites posted by readers
- Post your critique or review of those web sites here
- Download all the cool stuff you can find in the Publishers Warehouse
- Show us your Portfolio by sending in your information
- Help bring better content to readers with a: gift.html
- Meet just a few who have contributed: friends.html
How will you benefit?
DT&G touches on many different topics that are of particular interest to those in desktop publishing, design, marketing, or business in general. How is DT&G different from all others?
First: we're reader driven, second: we're spam-free. This is very important to you, unless you'd rather read stuff from writers writing about stuff they want to write about (or that advertisers have paid them to write about), and if you like to sit there while rude online ads bump and gyrate trying to sell you something!
Nearly 100% of the content which appears in the Design Center and DT&G are real-life questions and problems from readers. We get thousands of emails each month with lots of questions and comments. We cannot possibly respond or address all of them however, there are trends and threads that become obvious information that readers everywhere want to learn.
Who else will it benefit?
DT&G is a platform for the exchange of ideas between real people. If a question comes up, chances are it will come up again and again. You'd be surprised at how many times the exact same questions are asked by different people all over the world! Don't be bashfull. Send e-mail, or visit the "Contact Page" to enter your questions and comments.
Please take advantage of everything we have to offer.
It will only help you in your daily activities. Please also take advantage of all the opportunities that exist in the online community. Ask questions, offer feedback, and contribute your ideas and opinions. We're here for you, and we're all here for each other.
Thanks for reading
See our Legal and Copyright information
We do not nor have we ever utilized email addresses, physical addresses, names, ages, or other information gathered from readers of this web site for the purpose of gaining private information. WE DO NOT share, rent, or sell any name, email or personal information with any third party.
WE DO NOT CONDONE NOR do we ENGAGE In sending UCE (unsolicited commercial email) or UBE (unsolicited bulk email) commonly referred to as spam.
WE DO NOT utilize dynamic advertising service of stalker graphics, net-linking, link-sharing, predator tracking, or cloaked stalking links, NOR DO WE ALLOW any advertising or stalker services on this server such as HitBox, LinkShare, ClickShare, or others.
We DO NOT record nor track your activities while visiting the Design Center other than "visitor" views, referring IP address and linked IP address for purely statistical purposes. NO UID is utilized when you visit the Design Center.
WE DO NOT CONDONE NOR ENGAGE IN THE COMMON ONLINE PRACTICES OF PHISHING, PHARMING or any form of spoofing web sites in order to obtain personal information about readers or visitors.
WE DO NOT UPLOAD PROGRAMS, SPYWARE or MAULWARE to your computer in any way shape or form.
WE DO NOT UTILIZE COOKIES in YOUR BROWSER in any way shape or form.
WE DO NOT READ COOKIES IN YOUR BROWSER. And, we do NOT condone web sites which engage in the above intrusive practices. ANY WEB USER or WEB SITE found practicing in the above are immediately reported to the SpamCop, Anti-Phishing, FTC, and other government agencies which are applicable. DO NOT SPAM Graphic-Design.com addresses.
Latest update: July 28, 2005
Got Photoshop Questions? Who do you call?
Visit Photoshop 911's blog -- now you can comment on posts, and even lend a helping hand where needed... who do you call?
Photoshop 911 Call ReportsHere comes this month's batch of reports from the Photoshop 911 call line. The most interesting is how one user solves the problem of removing the background from multiple shots of a rotating product for a 3D video... there are seven others, and you'll want to read them all:
In the Photoshop 911 FAQ department
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive news about DT& headlines, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Join the Discussions : in the Designers' CAFE forums
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Help Support The Design Center: with your donation, we say thank you with free books, listings, and even links on the front page!
- Does your Web Site Suck?: Let the WDR Design Team give you a critique of your web site and get helpful advice on how to make it the best it can be!
Advertise your products or services among these pages! Call: 540-433-8402 for details.
- Continues on...
- NEXT PAGE
David Pogue, in Macworld Magazine said
"DT&G is a one man tour de force of advice, instruction and how-to's pertaining to all things graphic! . . . There are other ezines about design and art. But none approach the usefulness of this one."