... continued from the previous page.
Put A Cherry on Top
9. Using the Ellipse Tool, draw a circle while holding down the Shift Key and set the gradient to below. Using the Direct Selection Tool, click on the top anchor point to select it, click on it again and drag it down to create a cherry shape.
10. Select the cherry with the Selection tool and place it on the cupcake. Draw a circle over the cherry with the gradient settings below for a light effect.
11. With the Ellipse Tool draw the top of the cherry. Next using the Pen Tool draw the cherry stalk with the green gradient below.
12. Using the shape colour as the frosting, draw over the bottom part of the cherry. While holding down the Shift Key, select the frosting lines that are hidden under the frosting area, right click Arrange > Bring to Front.
13. Top finish off the Cupcake Cup, draw the shapes below using the Pen Tool & the colour Black. While holding down the Shift Key, select the shapes and set the Blending Mode to Soft Light and the Opacity to 35%.
14. For the shadow, draw a think oval shape using the Ellipse Tool, right click and Arrange to Back. With the shape selected go into Effect > Blur > Gaussian Blur.
All finished! Experiment with different coloured Cupcakes and enjoy!
Special Thanks to Ainsley Bevis for sending in this tutorial. Be sure to visit Ainsley at BloomwebDesign.net
Ainsley is a passionate, and mostly self taught, Web and Graphic Designer based in Melbourne, Australia. As well as designing websites and graphic material for her clients she also enjoys playing guitar, piano, walking her dogs and cooking vegetarian food!
thanks for reading!
If you liked this tutorial and would like to see more, just send an email, or click the "SHARE" button below to TWEET it or SHARE it on your favorite networking site!
And, thanks for reading