After spending about six hours tracking and reporting spam, do you think I need to see one more? No? Well then, don't send me your press release that looks like spam. Here, take a look at this and see how somebody blundered ... April 28, 2016
SIXTY-SECONDS BLOG: ... which is actually 60-Second Windows, or 60-Seconds.com ... Fred Showker blogs about the realms of publishing, graphics, computing, social networking, marketing, promotions, and media-- with an eye to entertaining, amazing information that will possibly make you think! Published since 1988 as syndicated articles for user group newsletters, these are vital tidbits for busy computer users that you can read in 60-seconds! Join me on FaceBook and follow along on Twitter. Or, you can meet up with Fred +FredShowker, @FredShowker
This is why I love doing the creative tidbits. Sometimes we have some simple ones and sometimes complicated ones. This week, we've even got a very cool nne new video you don't want to miss! And, yes, yet another Adobe shortcuts chart to end all shortcuts charts. Jump in and enjoy ... and don't forget to send me your favorites to share with DTG readers.
- Artist Brian Yap on How iPad Apps Transformed The Way He Works
- Tobias Saul lettering, typography, illustration excellence
- HUGE Adobe Shortcuts charts in infographic
- A great logo Hewlett-Packard isn't using?
Apple reached into my iPhone and removed software. I did not realize this had happened until I wanted to stream my favorite channel. I was a little more than upset because I had come to really like Apple Radio and had two dozen great radio stations. But I really have no room to complaint, I didn't pay for the service or the app. However, I wonder what they would say if I reached into their computer system and removed software they had come to depend on? April 6, 2016
This one is actually part of #203, but we had to break it out to a second file. We don't usually run essays, but the Media and Publishing piece is particularly good for designers. Also, the 3D printer piece is essential just to realize where that technology is going. enjoy
- The 3D Printing Advances That Changed The World In 2015
- Voltron Reboot, New Gullermo Del Toro Series Coming To Netflix
- Great Design versus Everything Else
- Designing Women : Painted Surf 01
Here's a great shot in the arm for your creative jumpstart into spring. Be sure not to miss the video for Jason Seiler's works, it's very good. We also have several good cartooners and some innovative 3D printing in part two of March / April Creative Tidbits . . . have fun. Don't forget to send in your discoveries too!
- How did Obamas Change the White House with Contemporary Art ?
- You're going to enjoy Jason Seiler's works
- The Anatomy of a Winning Website Design
- In Spain, Falangist Means Fascist
During our work on this year's Designing Women series we returned to catch up with Marian Bantjes, one of our 'featured' Designing Women back in 2006. She just keeps getting better and better -- and we enjoyed reading her blog. Which brings today's topic, one of her posts "Copy-Anti-Copy". March 10, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #3 ~ March
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- March: Designing Women
- 21st Annual Designing Women Celebration:
New finds, old friends, remarkable designing women
- Designing Women : The remarkable Louise Fili
- Ilene Strizver : The hardest working woman in the Typography biz
- Favorite articles from Ilene Strizver, founder of The
Type Studio and TypeTalk at Creative Pro
- 60 Seconds #329 : 10 Ways to BREAK the Creative Block
for designers, illustrators, writers
- Web Design : Is Complex Graphic Design UX Friendly?
- This is one of the last sites where you will not be stalked
it's time to protect yourself from cookies
- 60-Seconds #330 : Is it a copy? Is it not a copy?
Copy-anti-copy? Plagiarism? Stock?
- Marilyn Monroe, August 1953: The Lost LOOK Photos
- At last, powerful 2D and 3D, world class CAD for Macintosh
- Better story telling and visual flow using StoryBoard Artist
- Designers' Concern : Countering the Growing Intellectual Property Theft Threat
- April is just around the corner
Dover passed along this book right at the right time -- our 20th Annual Designing Women edition! Marilyn Monroe was an icon of the silver screen picture era, and what a great addition to this year's "Women's History" month celebration . . . sample photos, and a lot more in the Bookshelf February 29, 2016
Folks, meet Ilene Strizver, dsigner, type designers, and the hardest working woman in the Typography biz February 26, 2016
If you think you've got the creative block, don't think you're alone. We all get it, and we all have to break it. I've been doing this for nearly half a century. During my seminar days, the creative block was one of the most popular questions from attendees. "Fred, how do you get creative ideas?" ... "How can I break writer's block?" Everyone has his or her favorites. These have proven over the years to work... try'em out next time you're stuck for a story, a drawing, and ad concept or anytime you need a creative jumpstart. February 24, 2016
- 1 of 32