Yupo Corporation America, a leading global manufacturer of synthetic paper, has announced the winners of the 2016 Wally Awards, the company’s annual design competition. This paper gives beautiful print reproduction -- it's water-proof and tear-resistant -- plus tree-free recyclability! October 22, 2016
SIXTY-SECONDS BLOG: ... which is actually 60-Second Windows, or 60-Seconds.com ... Fred Showker blogs about the realms of publishing, graphics, computing, social networking, marketing, promotions, and media-- with an eye to entertaining, amazing information that will possibly make you think! Published since 1988 as syndicated articles for user group newsletters, these are vital tidbits for busy computer users that you can read in 60-seconds! Join me on FaceBook and follow along on Twitter. Or, you can meet up with Fred +FredShowker, @FredShowker
Here we go with some fun items that will get those creative juices flowing! From the guy who designed the Apple logo to minimalism, colors and even Pokemon helping design and event planners . . . here's this edition of Creative Tidbits menu:
- 12 Things Event Planners Can Learn From Pokemon Go
- Can your color be seen? Online Color Testing
- Jony is an ambassador of minimalist Design
- Free Flat 2017 Calendar Template
- Rob Janoff on his logo for Apple
Let's have some fun this week -- it's October and time for Halloween! Aside from our Halloween stuff, we have some interesting intelligence that could get some thoughts going, and a quick peek at a new iPhone photo feature or bug! Happy autumn!
- Why the iPhone 7 Has to Simulate a Shallow Depth of Field
- A designer’s tales: Role of graphic design in society
- iPhone Stand For Business, Trade-Shows And Events
- Searching for Plagiarism Checkers
In this edition of our publishing update we look at some deep journalism vehicles as well as sponsoring content and academic publishing. Don't forget that digital publishing is only a part of the picture -- the print publishing industry is robust and doing well!
- How millennials interact with long-form journalism on mobile devices
- Editorial and Sales Can Collaborate to Maximize Revenue
- Is Your Publishing Toolkit As Strong As It Can Be?
- Programmatic Publishing: Repurposing Ad Tech
- Sponsored Content And Editorial Integrity
- Academic Publishing Is All About Status
- Rekindling the Passion for Print
- Counteracting Content Shock
You've talked about it all year! Now you can take action and express the moods and moves of your favorite candidate! Yes, pass the time this summer dressing and undressing Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or Donald Trump -- or if you're a collector, get all three! Bet you've wondered how Bernie would look in some of her culottes! It's fun for kids and fun for political mavins of all ages! September 28, 2016
I have a pile of freebies, and just haven't gotten around to including them -- but I'll start including some of them now. Also, an important item for web designers in this issue -- the typography thing between web sites and mobile sites is really a nightmare. Otherwise it's all fun and all good this issue so have a good time!
- Free: Vector Florals, Avatars, Patterns, Shapes and Banners
- Free: Fun Swirls, Doodles, Shapes, Balloons & Cakes
- Free Stuff : Minimalist Sports Icons
- Sally DaBronzo Free Printables
- Typography is impossible
It's been some time since our last publishing update. Sorry! But seriously, Don't Print The Obituary For The Printing Industry Just Yet! The printing and print publishing industry has never really gone out of style, nor has it slacked off. Yes, it has changed, but the digital age has taken over -- there's a lot of graphic design, typography, photography and illustration still being printed with ink on paper! The graphic design community is still about 80% occupied by print. This is the Publishing Update of the Design & Publishing Center, so we'll consider all realms of publishing! Jump on board . . .
- To Perfect Bind or Saddle Stitch — That is the Question
- 3 kinds of content that are killing digital publishing
- The Importance of Longform Content for Your Website
- Why ‘Easy’ Publishing Solutions Hardly Ever Are
- How digital publishers measure their influence
- Think You'll Outsource Your Content Marketing?
- A Script to Show Options for Placed Files
Welcome to September, and the opening of Fall!
- Wow... our 22nd annual FONTS FESTIVAL!
- 22nd Fonts Fest: moving type, type for lawyers, cancer type and more
- Typographer's Majestic Treasure Chest with 45 awesome caligraphic fonts
- FFF #2: A Tattoo font, some calligraphy, a weird sans, . . . a slab and even a caps marker font!
- Photoshop Madness: Add A Realistic Old Photo Effect To Any Photo with Photoshop
- 60-Seconds #336 : You Are Annoying Your Customers? Do you know why?
- Creative Tidbits #213: the world's ugliest color, beyond CMYK. . . free photos, icons and more
- VIDEO Tutorial : How To Make Images Look Old using Photoshop
- Marketing Update : ad strategies, food trends, direct mail, making money and more
- 5 Signs That It's Time to Update Your Website
- Social Media Update : Celebrity Posts, Facebook Likes, Twitter Tactics, . . . media failures and more
- Ad Blockers : ad poison, skip button, pernicious Facebook,
- . . . Adblock, WSJ, reader blocking
- A Sad day for P22
- The end of the Publishers' Warehouse
- Autumn is here... gearing up
Here we are in the fall and you know what that means? The Typography department people are going to be working around the clock for this year's Fall Fonts Festival, and so I'm thinking I'll give'em a hand with the Creative Tidbits columns this month. . . Have fun and if YOU have a creative tidbit to report, please send it in!
- Pantone launches new vibrant app for digital-savvy designers and colour enthusiasts
- The World's Ugliest Color Examined By Graphic Design Experts
- Free Stuff : Ioana Baltesiu's Stylish Icons
- Beyond CMYK – New InfoTrends Study
- Safe Haven for those who admire
- Hefalo Script ~ fresh and fun!
- Time Travel with Jenna
We talk about marketing, pr and advertising and while they are closely related, they each serve a distinctive function. Both pr and advertising come under the marketing banner -- and if your marketing strategy is on point, then the other two will follow. But as Leo Burnet once said, advertising without a marketing plan is empty space. Maybe that's true, but as the world becomes more complicated, marketing is getting more and more difficult. This week's update hopes to shed some light on your marketing strategy :
- Unblock Those Ads With These Five Compelling Advertising Strategies
- 8 Food Marketing Trends You Need to Know About Right Now
- How to increase customers and business via direct mail
- Tomorrow's trends in leading edge creativity today
- How Does Pinterest Make Money?
Beware, all of these sites employ screen spam. Some have pop-up ad splash screens and stalker links. Be careful where you click August 22, 2016
- 1 of 36