As the iPad matures into the market and more people are using tablets, I'm having a lot of fun and inspiration with digital magazines. I always loved printed magazines, so now I can enjoy many more on my iPad. August 19, 2013
SIXTY-SECONDS BLOG: ... which is actually 60-Second Windows, or 60-Seconds.com ... Fred Showker blogs about the realms of publishing, graphics, computing, social networking, marketing, promotions, and media-- with an eye to entertaining, amazing information that will possibly make you think! Published since 1988 as syndicated articles for user group newsletters, these are vital tidbits for busy computer users that you can read in 60-seconds! Join me on FaceBook and follow along on Twitter
It's back to (Design) School time again, and we're touching on hundreds of different learning opportunities this month, so hang on to your hats and follow along . . .
* Learning lessons of design and delivering the message
* Lots and lots of portraits on DeviantArt.com . . .
* Portfolio Help from Adobe CS6
* If Facebook Had Designers
* How to learn Photoshop
* A-Z of Unusual Words
... and more ! August 1, 2013
I know that many of you are musicians or involved with audio production in some form or another. These apps are the ultimate for anyone even slightly interested in music . . . Jordan Rudess is the icon of the biz! Enjoy . . .
* Immerse yourself in the wonders of a visual/audio experience like no other!
* SampleWiz inputs, outputs, generates, samples simultaneously
* MorphWiz is the second app to bear the Jordan Rudess name
* Tachyon - unique musical expressive power for iPad
* Aurora Sound Studio makes great music on your iPad
* Geo Synthesizer : all that is good in synth
Rock on, baby! July 28, 2013
In my pr and news feeds, the latest from the Association of Media & Publishing sent me an article called : Magazine Apps: Why So Bloated? The pad revolution is probably going to be the single savior of the publishing industry. Er, uh, maybe not. June 14, 2013
An interesting look at what jiLee has been up to! Ji Lee was listed as one of the 50 most influential designers in the US ... but his "Bubble" project is probably his best known . . . and now there's more in 'Word As Image' June 6, 2013
More great lettering in this Creative update, along with a designer with a cause, children's graphics and even Google now pays homage to Saul Bass!
* The Senior Graphic Design Exhibit hilghlights culmination of student artwork
* Graphic design artist gives beauty to pro-life cause; voice to the unborn
* Geekwire award hopefuls say : We create killer infographics
* Google's doodle tribute to graphic designer Saul Bass -- a video you do NOT want to miss:
* Kid's stuff with Nate Williams
... and more ! May 28, 2013
The creative quest takes us now into some major cool type, typography and lettering arenas from the Letter Cult to some rather special (FREE) revival fonts:
* The Art & Science of Kerning according to Igino Marini
* Julian Hansen "So You Need A Typeface"
* Printing demonstrations in Pictures
* John Hendrix loves to draw
* The Letter Cult
... and more ! May 21, 2013
Spring is now in full swing and cool stuff is busting out all over -- much of which is driven by senior design classes and design school graduates. This creative surf takes us to places we've been, and some new digs yet discovered. . . :
* Meet Illustrator David Seguin : Put on a real face
* Zhikharev Eduard bends reality with digital art
* Colin Johnson of great detail, large and small
* The Fascinating World of Don Carson
* Brazilian Branding with Adilson
... and more ! May 14, 2013