Sooner or later everyone needs to take a peek at what's going on down in that hard drive... or at least they should. There have been a lot of tools come along, but not so good recently until now. Disk Cartography maps the drive so you can manage it! May 21, 2015
THE BUSINESS DEPARTMENT for graphic designers and creatives, including: management, marketing, promotion, accounting, bidding, legal issues, copyright and operating your creative business for maximum profitability.
Is your business profitable? We'll try to help!
BOOK OF THE MONTH : Talent is Not Enough: Business Secrets for DesignersJoin our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Did you remember Mothers' day in your media plans? Never pass up the opportunity to market and spread the PR of your clients. Spring is a fun and lucritive season as people come out of the winter doldrums and begin shopping again. Be on your toes ... May 13, 2015
Rolling into the summer vacation season, a lot of markets will be picking up that special book, magazine or whitepaper to take along on the trip. You're clients will be wanting to put their best foot forwared. We found these to be excellent reads, and even included some design to go along . . .
- What is a magazine? Media reporters often see the web as the answer
- The case for, and against, integrated print-digital newsrooms
- The Brutally Honest Truth about Ghostwriting
- 5 Truths of Audience Monetization
- Common print design mistakes
Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!
We've screamed through the winter and spring is rolling by -- next thing you know it will be summer and back to school time! Your spring marketing sense needs to focus on the coming close of schools, graduation and summer vacations. Your clients should be ready to market strong!
- Five Questions to Help You Decide Whether You Need a Brand-Protection Tool
- Will Facebook force advertisers to forget about tracking cookies?
- A new pricing scheme will change how digital ads are sold
- Programmatic buys 'make sense' for industry
- Planning your next ad strategy
- . . . and more!
April, May, Mother's Day, and the spring launch into Summer will offer an array of marketing opportunities. Tie in with any number of motifs from family to vacation and travel. But first, get your online social networking act together :
- How the latest moves by Twitter and Facebook help you market your organization
- 4 reasons to use direct mail marketing instead of email marketing
- The 8 golden rules of writing great press releases
- The rapid rise of video in content marketing
- 6 things great PR campaigns have in common
- 5 priorities for email marketing in 2015
- . . . and more
Fourteenth annual industry networking gala to help foster film and media community attending 2015 NAB Show. The Creative Pro User Group (CPUG) Network have announced that the Fourteenth Annual Las Vegas SuperMeet will take place on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 in the Royale Ballroom at the Riviera Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Nevada. March 24, 2015
I didn't think I would need this when I started, either. But believe me, if you plan to change and grow, you'll eventually have to deal with employees. With employees comes the tedium and misery of managing their time, taxes and benefits. This is the kind of help you'll really need March 23, 2015
As society becomes more and more segmented, data mining will become more and more important to marketers, researchers, hipster life-hackers, planners and the media. You will need a data extraction tool to leverage data as they encounter it. Mac users will need one specifically designed for OSX and one that augments existing spreadsheet with data found on the web. Welcome Wordaux. March 18, 2015
As we noted last week, the spring ramp-up is upon us and if you're not already launching your summer campaigns, you'd better get hopping. Watching gas and fuel prices, we can probably expect a huge increast in travel this year, so keep an eye on the opportunities of hooking into the travel trends!
- Experience Marketing: How to Build a Customer-Centric Marketing Machine
- How Internet Marketing Will Affect Various Industries in 2015
- 15 Ways to Increase the Click-Through Rate on Your Tweets
- Why you must consider mobile in your email marketing
- Communication — the next big evolution in marketing
- 5 pitching sins PR pros should purge
- . . . and more
- 1 of 28