The Industry Days lineup at the ACQUIRE show features an all-star line-up of information and opportunity! This is a two-day educational event and tradeshow for government and military professionals looking to deliver on their agencies’ missions. May 20, 2016
Joshua Cooper Ramo, author of the international bestseller The Age of the Unthinkable and the new book The Seventh Sense: Power, Fortune and Survival in the Age of Networks, will deliver the keynote address at the ACQUIRE Conference & Expo in June April 21, 2016
From time to time we get a piece of hardware that we cannot resist mentioning. I've copied many, many CDs over the years to send some files somewhere else, to multiple people. What a drag -- specially when multiple CDs were required. If you need to distribute files on thumb drives, you should see this . . . April 20, 2016
This is one of the last sites where you will not be stalked ... it's time to protect yourself from cookies
The web has become a very dangerous place to play. If you're not monitoring and managing your cookies, then you're at risk. Tracking and stalking has become so widespread the Design Center and DT&G is probably one of the only sites left that do not stalk our readers. Where you surf is your business, and your private information is not for sale. Maybe it's time to protect yourself. February 18, 2016
Here's another chance for artists, graphic designers, and creatives of all kinds to get their act cleaned up and profitable. Time tracking and estimating is the most difficult task that faces creatives. You need all the help you can get. Here's another opportunity November 24, 2015
Last time we went on about marketing sources and action but today we're zeroing in on content marketing and then working with analytics and looking at the real target of the marketing. Hang in there, it looks like it's going to be a busy summer!
- Pitfalls and Profits of Using Rented Lists: The Devil is in the Details
- Measuring The True Value Of Audience Engagement Across Digital Media
- 3 Tips to Maximize the Synergy of Social Media and Content Marketing
- How analytics provide a dose of logic to your marketing decisions
- How to Approach Digital Marketing in 2015
- How Millennials Consume the News
Got an iPad? Are you using it for client presentations? You should be. New technology is exciting, but with it comes the awkward business of figuring out just what's "appropriate" - especially with a very personal device like a tablet. So, we're really glad that Kim Feld sent this article to share with DTG readers! May 31, 2015
Most graphic design projects are singular and session based. However, once you evolve into projects that require many sub-contractors, or venders to praticipat, and multiple creative resources, you can quickly get behind the 8-ball and lose a pile of money. The one thing that will keep your profits in tact is careful planning and billing. We used to do this on a chalkboard -- but now you can do it digitally . . . . May 29, 2015
Rolling into the summer vacation season, a lot of markets will be picking up that special book, magazine or whitepaper to take along on the trip. You're clients will be wanting to put their best foot forwared. We found these to be excellent reads, and even included some design to go along . . .
- What is a magazine? Media reporters often see the web as the answer
- The case for, and against, integrated print-digital newsrooms
- The Brutally Honest Truth about Ghostwriting
- 5 Truths of Audience Monetization
- Common print design mistakes
Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook will screw you, reader attention, not clicks
The ad industry has been screwing their clients ever since the first online ad was served in 1995. The ad industry prostituted itself so badly they got the cost of ads to almost nothing or free. So to back peddal, they've had to devise all kinds of contorted ripps to make money while still sticking it to the publishers. All that is about to get worse as they bring in attention advertising.
- Broadcasters appear to have won -- as newspapers see few gains in ad spending
- Sensory Marketing Is the Next Frontier in Mobile Advertising
- Why native advertising won't overtake traditional ads -- yet
- Selling advertisers on reader attention, not clicks
- How Facebook plans to control digital advertising
- . . . and more!
- 1 of 11