Take part in the global competition on Facebook -- follow the link and Design the Olympics mascot for the 2016 Lillehammer Olympics! On the exact date celebrating the two year to go countdown Lillehammer 2016 has opened their international mascot design competition. March 11, 2014
We haven't had a publishing update in some time. Most have been moved into our marketing, web, or media updates. Publishing is not dead, and even though most people these days think publishing means Facebook or Twitter or Tumblr -- but seriously, there's more to it than that . . .
* Media study reveals preferred methods of delivery for different messages
* Ready to bust some print and paper myths?
* Is digital really greener than paper?
* The Power of Paper -- literally
* Make your content matter
-- and more ... March 3, 2014
Once upon a time, someone said "You are what you eat" ... does that mean that the saying "You are what they LIKE" could be true? Sandy Wright-Hibbard of Lyric Marketing always comes up with such sage advice, The Design & Publishing Center and DTG Magazine are pleased to have Sandy on board for our 19th annual "Designing Women" edition to share this article! February 21, 2014
Resume Star 1.0 for iOS, which produces a professionally typeset PDF resume right on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Resume Star is a full-featured resume generator App, with an interesting twist: You only pay for the software if you land the interview. January 21, 2014
Don't be fooled by the business doldrums of the winter months! There are real opportunities for January, February and March. Here's our first marketing, public relations and advertising update for the year ... go for it :
* Ask yourself these questions before posting about the news
* Mobile ad spending is through the roof. That’s a big deal.
* Top Tips for Writing Successful SMS Marketing Messages
* 9 steps to effective business emails
* 3 Media Kit Must-Haves
... and more December 30, 2013
Closing out 2013 sets us up to launch our marketing programs for 2014, and it's not a moment too early ... here we go :
* How Social Data Changes Everything We Know About Marketing
* Understanding and utilizing digital marketing
* How to Frame Your Visual Storytelling Strategy
* Are You Posting Without a Plan?
* Stop Losing Leads
... and more December 16, 2013
We love to see great ideas pop up, and we love passing them along to readers! A big THANKS goes out to our good friend Sandy Hibbard for sharing this wonderful and timely marketing tip with DTG readers. There's no better time than today -- right now -- to push your message in a friendly way. Sandy has the idea ... December 13, 2013
Mr Ragan brings us back to the basic craft of writing press releases, touch on infographics and finding a new mobile market. Get ready for November ... here we go :
* Study: The state of social marketing — vision, purpose, value drive a new era of digital engagement
* Content Marketing Sweetens the Mix [Infographic]
* Design Emails With a Mobile Mindset: Five Tips
* If content is king, what would be queen?
* Measuring PR: Indicators of quality
* 6 AP Style rules for press releases
* Go Boldly Where Your Members Are
... and more October 28, 2013
October continues into the holiday season and marketing reaches a fevered pitch. Come on along with our latest marketing update :
* What Content Marketing Means to PR and Traditional Media (and Traditional Journalists, Too)
* How Search Retargeting Kick Started The Programmatic Marketing Revolution
* 5 Tips for Creating Successful Data-Driven Infographics
* Direct marketing and social media — A perfect match
* How to measure your content marketing campaign
* 10 Marketing Roles for the Next 10 Years
* Is the traditional PR pitch dead?
* Who do you think you are?
... and more October 22, 2013