Design management consultant Ted Leonhardt, formerly global head of Anthem, has penned a series of columns dealing with business issues facing emerging designers. In this edition, Ted helps up-and-coming creatives approach the interview and negotiation situation with confidence and ... success! January 22, 2015
THE BUSINESS DEPARTMENT for graphic designers and creatives, including: management, marketing, promotion, accounting, bidding, legal issues, copyright and operating your creative business for maximum profitability.
Is your business profitable? We'll try to help!
BOOK OF THE MONTH : Talent is Not Enough: Business Secrets for DesignersJoin our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
This new app for your iPhone , iPad, and iPod touch devices actually solves some problems that business people have faced for some time. gCard is a virtual business card that allows users to electronically share their information. January 15, 2015
There used to be a program called "Quick Keys" that did everything you wanted, automatically at the touch of a key. I loved that program! But, now, you can quickly convert image or audio files, translate text or emails, add images and files to emails, compress or uncompress archives, and uninstall applications -- with a drag-n-drop, or keystroke. January 8, 2015
Mainstream news and online sharing stimulates conversations for some of the most ‘talked about’ research articles this year. Alternative metrics provider Altmetric LLP has looked at the top 100 academic papers receiving the most online attention in 2014 – and the conversations happening around them. December 16, 2014
Here comes 2015 -- is your strategy in high gear? Here are some serious articles I've earmarked for this issue. Hopefully you're on your way into 2015 with some new energy. Get your PR hat on, and your Graphics tablet going and you'll do a great job!
- Your guide to using images in your content marketing strategy
- Publishers vs. LinkedIn: The Next Heavyweight Fight?
- What exactly is 'dynamic creative optimization?'
- Your Content: Lock It Up or Set It Free?
- The new age of public relations
- Every marketer is a publisher
- ... and more
Now turn your marketing powers toward the slow winter season, and hopefully, an exciting spring rebirth. First, however, take care of the lingering marketing activities and firm up your 2015 strategy!
- Four Ways Service Companies Can Convert More Customers via Email
- How many marketing bases can you realistically cover at 1 time?
- 2 critical but often overlooked email marketing metrics
- 4 reasons why you should combine SEO, PR strategies
- PR insider: More fans than plans
- ... and more
This Social Media update is the first in several months, so we've got a lot of catching up to do. 2014 continues to have changes for Facebook, Google and LinkedIN. But there are some new developments out there on the horizon, so let's get going
- What to Do When Social Media Is Not Working For Your Business
- New Research Shows Which Social Networks Ideal for Marketers
- 2015 : Social Media Trends Every Entrepreneur Needs to Know
- The next wave of tech change: Self-publishing and libraries
- Inside the Science That Delivers Facebook and Twitter Feeds
- How old school publishers can win in the digital age
- 3 Essential Podcast Tools for Stellar Webcam Events
- ... and the continuing world of social media and networking
Okay, you've made it through another year of marketing, and the high-traffic marketing season is just about over. If you've missed your mark, there's no use on trying to regain lost action -- just get started on the next season!
- How much of your marketing strategy do you dedicate to content amplification?
- Content’s Growing Role In The Integrated Marketing Communications Plan
- Three Good Reasons Why Google Authorship Still Matters
- The Dark Side of Content Marketing [Infographic]
- Lon Safko asks : Is Your Email List Dirty?
- ... and more
Seriously, too many businesses -- particularly creative businesses -- fail because of lack of management and coordination. This might just be the way to tie all the loose ends together to make a cohesive team in the field. Advertisers, Photographers, and any creative art that requires a team is game for this app! September 16, 2014
Are your clients screaming for better marketing graphics? Do you think they know what effective graphics are? As the world of marketing gets more complicated, graphic designers need to keep right on top of every crook in the road ... literally
- Why Doing Pro Bono Work is Good for Your Agency and How to Find the Right Match
- Infographic : How Big Businesses Use Colors to Affect Your Emotions
- Create Compelling Marketing Videos That Educate and Entertain
- In the Content Marketing Kingdom, Third-Party Experts Rule
- A Seven-Item Checklist for Measurable Marketing
- Eight Ways to Rock Your Media Marketing
- 2014 - Mid-Year Rankings: US Top Buzz
- ... and more