An appreciation of art is one of the foundation requirements for all visual communicators. Now, the Art Authority for iPad is the only iPad Reference app to be named to both of Apple's Rewind "best of" lists. It brings over 75,000 high-resolution classic works of art to your fingertips. May 23, 2015
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 25 years! Twenty-five years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Sooner or later everyone needs to take a peek at what's going on down in that hard drive... or at least they should. There have been a lot of tools come along, but not so good recently until now. Disk Cartography maps the drive so you can manage it! May 21, 2015
We know that many DTG readers are involved in video ... from small, short vignettes on their DSLR to the big-time production jobs. Well, chances are, there will be some noise and graphic artifacts that threaten to spoil the takes. No more with Cleaer for Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Motion. May 18, 2015
Here's a device you might really like! Imagine scanning passages and info right on the go, where ever you happen to be . . . and then translate it into a file for later use? This is one of the unique new products we've seen in some time! May 14, 2015
Year five of the 'Art Authority' Summer Intern Program is here for students majoring in art and art history. This is the perfect opportunity to expand your visual vocabulary for future design innovation. Check it out! May 11, 2015
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #05 ~ May
- May is all about Design Graduation
- Photoshop Madness : Spring color palettes, flowers and mothers
- Creative Tidbits #191: inspiration, typography, gallery, Paul Rand
- Photoshop Tutorial : Create a Geometric Wallpaper in Photoshop
- An extraordinary design conference on type & typography comes to New York City
- 60-Seconds #321: Google's Mobilegeddon! REPENT or ye shall surely perish!
- 60-Seconds #322 : I got trapped by Google Adsense & false advertising
- GraphicConverter rises to yet greater heights with the latest upgrade from Lemke Software
- Advertising Update : broadcast vs. print, Sensory Marketing, Facebook
- Social Media Update : The wires and wireless are buzzing with the next big thing
- Transform the Photos You Have into the Images You Want
- Could Pixelmator Watercolor Painting Technology be the one that replaces Photoshop?
- PaintCode 2.3 adds over 15 new features, including SVG export
- iOS Photo Booth App - SnapBooth Offers Major New Features
- Web Design Update: Mobilegeddon, Amorality, Uber, SEO, Web trends and more!
- Recreate the magic of instant Polaroid printing
- JUNE: Creative SURF
- Mother's Day & Graduation
May 1, 2015
From the mid 1980s until well into the 1990s, all of my workshops and seminars all around the country were conducted using GraphicConverter. First, there was no other "slide show" software that would run on the first Mac laptop -- which was actually an Outbound. Yes, this was before powerbooks. The sorter helped me sort and organize, the graphics engine let me edit, modify and build titling, and the slidshower helped me click through my presentations. And the slides were so beautiful, nobody ever wanted to see another PowerPoint. Some day, I'd like to meet Thorsten Lemke. He's the hardest working man in software -- he keeps on working and improving GraphicConverter's awesome capabilities. Now, here comes the next version . . . April 27, 2015
This is the one you've been waiting for! Typographics is an ambitious two-day typography conference, surrounded by two weeks of workshops and events, planned for this June at The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art in New York City. Organized by Cooper's Type@Cooper and the Herb Lubalin Study Center of Design and Typography, the conference provides a platform for designers to share broad perspectives on where typography is today and where it is going. April 25, 2015
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 25, #04 ~ April Here we are, moving forward into April, and part two of our Designing Women special. As always have a great month, and keep in touch . . .
- 20th Annual Designing Women Celebration Three: New finds, old friends
- 20th Annual Designing Women Celebration Four: Pins, needles, pens, paints and passion
- 60-Seconds #320 : Should history be erased? Should Google erase memories if they're out of date?
- Vintage printing effects with this new Photoshop plug-in Permanent Press
- Creative Tidbits #189: Oscars, Light Sabers and Football Helmets
- Creative Tidbits #190: Hip-hoppers, decades, Instagram, textures and more
- Marketing Update : Twitter, Facebook, Direct Mail, Press Releases, Video and more
- Advertising Update : Brand-Protection, cookies, digital ads, ad strategy
- Marketing Update : Click-through, Customers, Mobile, Email, PR Pros and more
- Marketing Update : March Marketing Madness
- Create a Whole New World of Video with Red Giant Universe VFX
- Know how to fold? Use the Folding Genius AI Version 2 for Mac and Win
- Graphic Design App Candy Apple Updated with more WOW features!
- & Else : News, Views and Reviews from the News Department
- April is brought to you by
- Looking ahead: May, June July
April 1, 2015
Whether you're a pro, student or hobbiest, this package is probably the most awesome visual effects package we've seen -- once again, Red Giant has updated and expanded the Red Giant Universe! If you're a real creative, you won't be able to resist these eight new tools --- unique and powerful visual effects and transitions. March 17, 2015
- 1 of 43