From the mid 1980s until well into the 1990s, all of my workshops and seminars all around the country were conducted using GraphicConverter. First, there was no other "slide show" software that would run on the first Mac laptop -- which was actually an Outbound. Yes, this was before powerbooks. The sorter helped me sort and organize, the graphics engine let me edit, modify and build titling, and the slidshower helped me click through my presentations. And the slides were so beautiful, nobody ever wanted to see another PowerPoint. Some day, I'd like to meet Thorsten Lemke. He's the hardest working man in software -- he keeps on working and improving GraphicConverter's awesome capabilities. Now, here comes the next version . . . April 27, 2015
Zevrix Solutions has released a new version of InPreflight -- a compatibility update to its document preparation solution for Adobe InDesign. InPreflight is a powerful all-in-one solution to check InDesign documents, collect them for output and ship to final destination. InPreflight helps graphics and print professionals prevent costly mistakes by uncovering hidden problems, reduce production time and costs, as well as save disk space through smart batch-packaging. March 5, 2015
March is "Women's History Month" and to help celebrate, we highlight the works of outstanding Designing Women. Celebrate Designing Women in our Gallery, and let us introduce you to a few of the top designers, illustrators, and photographers in the world ; and we'll revisit some of our designing women from the past . . . what a great month! March 1, 2015
You need to get your files up there accurately and quickly ? 'Deliver Express' automatically sends and shares files across the Internet and local networks. Deliver Express processes files from watched hot folders and supports FTP, Amazon S3, WebDAV, AFP and other remote and local services. If you're moving files ... you need the Express January 5, 2015
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #12 ~ December
- Greetings and welcome to December and the Holidays!
- 25 awesome examples of fantasy illustration from The Golden Age of Illustration
- Photoshop Madness : in the holiday spirit from dimwits to families to snow globes and others
- 429 Professional Photoshop Styles - never make styles from scratch again!
- Are you being held hostage by Adobe? InDesign? No more!
- Candy Canes, Bells, Ribbons, and Santa : Adobe Illustrator vector files for the Holidays!
- 60-Seconds #317 : Goodbye SpamCop
- Typography : many styles and combinations make this a true vintage collection!
- Typography : Adorn your designs with borders, banners and catchwords collection!
- Counting on your support
- A Quarter Century online ... and more December 1, 2014
Really, that's okay. It happens to us all. You have to come up with a new image but that blank sheet of paper and blank Illustrator window are just no help at all. Maybe you should hire another designer. Maybe you should give up. But wait -- all you need is a quick, easy, vector based logo design app to start knocking around ideas. Maybe you need Logopop! November 28, 2014
As you get ready for 2015, some things you may want focus on is developing your publishing strategy to run with the winners! We've come a long way and publishing today takes some careful construction and on-time delivery. C'mon and follow along as we follow publishing channels
 The 10% digital-to-print rule: what success with digital magazines looks like
 Google Loves Print: Guidelines Tell Us So
 The future of digital publishing: Going back to hieroglyphics
 Print gets their attention; digital brings it to life
 From BBC to BuzzFeed: Lessons in mobile publishing
 The 100-to-1 rule: Creating the best headlines
-- and more ... November 25, 2014
Another year, and another realm of possibilities for publishing -- and it's not going away -- no, social networking has not taken over. Times are chaning, but some things stay the same! Stay tuned with DT&G's Publishing Updates:
 Four Ways to Help Guest Writers Contribute Great Content for Your Company Blog
 Why so many digital publishers are flocking back to print
 Is paper and print still important? We asked the experts
 The Social Media Frequency Guide: How Often To Post
 Digital advertising's bot distraction
 Are Digital Magazines Dead?
-- and more ... November 14, 2014
- 1 of 13