Logo Pop for Mac is a vector based logo design app with powerful new features and a large library of pre-designed logo templates and editable vector royalty free graphics. From concept to design to using your logo in print or online, Logo Pop is a quick way to get your rough ideas and layouts further along for client approval! November 28, 2016
With the advent of the superb Apple Pencil, you now have the opportunity to master beautiful calligraphy and penmanship in the digital world. The new iPad and Pencil are extraordinary new tools for the graphic designer, illustrator and letterhead -- it's time to put them to work! November 17, 2016
Working with lots of images can sometimes have problems. You've tried the icon view, and various contact sheet methods. Both Photoshop and Photoshop Elements have their own built in image browsing utilities -- but nobody has come up with the light table functionality we enjoyed for decades in the professional world. October 26, 2016
In addition to the 2,000 fonts collection -- MacAppware has now rolled out 1000 OpenType Fonts, including new Webfont versions to the fonts, and international type support for languages! There's also a PDF sample book of all the font families so you can quickly reference the fonts you need for a specific project! October 5, 2016
In this edition of our publishing update we look at some deep journalism vehicles as well as sponsoring content and academic publishing. Don't forget that digital publishing is only a part of the picture -- the print publishing industry is robust and doing well!
- How millennials interact with long-form journalism on mobile devices
- Editorial and Sales Can Collaborate to Maximize Revenue
- Is Your Publishing Toolkit As Strong As It Can Be?
- Programmatic Publishing: Repurposing Ad Tech
- Sponsored Content And Editorial Integrity
- Academic Publishing Is All About Status
- Rekindling the Passion for Print
- Counteracting Content Shock
It's been some time since our last publishing update. Sorry! But seriously, Don't Print The Obituary For The Printing Industry Just Yet! The printing and print publishing industry has never really gone out of style, nor has it slacked off. Yes, it has changed, but the digital age has taken over -- there's a lot of graphic design, typography, photography and illustration still being printed with ink on paper! The graphic design community is still about 80% occupied by print. This is the Publishing Update of the Design & Publishing Center, so we'll consider all realms of publishing! Jump on board . . .
- To Perfect Bind or Saddle Stitch — That is the Question
- 3 kinds of content that are killing digital publishing
- The Importance of Longform Content for Your Website
- Why ‘Easy’ Publishing Solutions Hardly Ever Are
- How digital publishers measure their influence
- Think You'll Outsource Your Content Marketing?
- A Script to Show Options for Placed Files
Here we are in the heat of the summer, and National Coloring Day is right upon us! We like to celebrate all week! No matter where you are or what you're doing, it's a refreshing treat to dig into those crayons, colored pencils, markers or your favorite media and do some art. When you get involved and sail into that coloring 'zone' your troubles just drift away. If you need a little help getting ideas or getting started -- or if you've got some bored kids on your hands, have at any of these free samples! August 1, 2016
Textkraft is a professional writing app, specifically developed for authors, editors, translators and other prolific writers. Delivering the first comprehensive mobile production studio, version 4.1 comes with many new and updated features, that are of great interest for self-publishers. Writers can be even more productive on their iPad. June 23, 2016
Patina, which is useful for making simple drawings and sketches, as well as for doing basic image editing tasks, had the highest user rating among the top 10 most downloaded free apps in the Graphics & Design category in the Mac App Store. June 21, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #6 ~ June
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are looking forward to this year's Designing Women Celebrtion, and the onset of spring!
- SURF's UP.. on the web
- Creative Tidbits #208: Smile design, fabric design, publishing, rip off design and more
- 60 Seconds 333: Google searches fail. Is it time for a new search engine?
- Creative Tidbits #207: pricing tips, tshirts, font selection, responsive design and more
- Color : Celtic and Anglo-Saxon Art and Design offer superb inspiration for today's designers
- Creative Tidbits #206: political logos, fonts, pen & ink, creative blocks and more
- Washington Technology Announces Industry Days Lineup at ACQUIRE Show
- Welcome to Adobe Spark! A new way to generate social media content
- Adobe Spark: Creating Effective Video for your Cause or Crowdfunding Campaign
- Spark Spotlight: How a Bike Shop Spurred a Pedal Revolution
- Marketing Update : Prince's death, Coachella, strategy, franchisees, Surveys and more
- NO MORE SUBMISSIONS -- the honor system is dead!
- July, August and Summertime Design
- 1 of 15