Comic Draw, a full-featured comic creation and publishing application for iPad makes it real fun to generate awesome comics and comic style layouts. April 27, 2017
While working up some pages and Creative Tidbits for our Designing Women special I discovered the art of painting stones. I had no idea it is such a popular and wide-spread practiced art and craft. Although searches bring up literally millions of images, it is not a new art. It's one that's been practiced for thousands of years. Here are just a few of the highlights we found.
- Rock Art!: Painting and Crafting with the Humble Pebble
- How to paint rock mandalas
- Meditative Mandala Stones
- The Art of Stone Painting
- Cindy Thomas Rocks
- A gallery of pages and samples
Creative Tidbits #220: Creative Tidbits #220: 5 Questions, future of design, design in 2017, getting paid and more
As we ramp down the year, I've got this and one other Creative Tidbit and then it's careening into 2017 with reckless abandon! Please let me know of your favorites from 2016, and what you'd like to see in the new year! It'll be fun for us all ! Enjoy!
- Five Questions: Graphic designer Gil Shuler has changed the city
- Universities aren’t the future of design education
- Website trends that will shape web design in 2017
- 3 Ways To Get Paid For Your Creativity
- 36 Days of Type by Sergi Delgado
I know there are professionals reading who will really appreciate PaintCode 3. This is a new version of a design and development tool for Mac OS -- a vector drawing app that turns drawings into code, acting as a bridge between developers and graphic designers. This is serious stuff. December 6, 2016
We are all familiar with Apple, Pepsi, Shell and most of the other world famous brands. Their logos didn’t always look as polished as they do today however. As their companies grew their logos evolved. Some of the changes were subtle and others were drastic, some were a hit and some didn’t stand the test of time. Here’s a trip down branding memory lane. December 1, 2016
Iconographer is Ohanaware's latest macOS application with the goal of helping App Developers (macOS, iOS & Windows), graphic designer and tinkerers, to create high quality and beautiful platform styled icons, from a product logo. Iconographer provides templates and styles for many icon applications, even art that won't be used as an icon! November 30, 2016
It's always rewarding to read a young upstart revealing the lessons I've taught in my seminars and workshops for well over two and a half decades. In 2006 Alex White, that famous type and design expert wrote DT&G to explain "white space", now those lessons show up in our Creative Tidbits 219! But there's more and we hope you have a great time . . .
- Using White Space: How Emptiness Can Give So Much to Design
- A collection of Art Nouveau doors from around the world
- The Future of Design (and how to prepare for it)
- Understanding the Power of Visual Advertising
- Digging the Street Art of Rubén Sánchez
Logo Pop for Mac is a vector based logo design app with powerful new features and a large library of pre-designed logo templates and editable vector royalty free graphics. From concept to design to using your logo in print or online, Logo Pop is a quick way to get your rough ideas and layouts further along for client approval! November 28, 2016
Well into the holiday season, here are some select holiday goodies, and some other interesting items including those Black Friday infographics! Creative inspiration is where you find it... finding cool stuff over the holidays? Give us a tip!
- Follow These Three Tips for Designing the Perfect Podcast Icon
- Do You Know Your (Paper) ABCs? Grade, Basis Weight, and Finish
- 100 Free Flat Christmas Icons
- Black Friday Infographic(s)
How many times have you faced a whole folder of images that needed the same tweak? Or you've got dozens of photos that need to be optimized for web use? You've used PS Elements for this, but it's just so darn limited -- and PSD isn't much better. You might want to take a look at Image Smith! October 11, 2016
- 1 of 23