You may wonder how they create such realistic motion and movement in today's computer generated graphic characters? They capture it from live subjects of course. And that technology is ever increasing in accuracy and sophistication. Powerful new cost-effective Microsoft Kinect based motion retargeting system allows users to easily capture, adjust and retarget motion to 3D objects and characters July 27, 2013
LightWave 3D Group Unveils LightWave 11.6 -- Artists and designers can animate in new ways, streamline real-time and stereo virtual production, previsualization and game development, support 3D printing, and more July 26, 2013
We're rolling into the school season with Back to Design School, here are some great inspirations and idea starters to get you moving to September . . .
* Meet The Duo Behind The Graphic Design Wizardry Of "Harry Potter”
* The Next Closest Thing to HOW Design Live
* The first issue of Container 'magazine'
* Talent Spotters: UCLan Graphic Design
* New - Xara Page & Layout Designer
* Jamie wins top national award
... and more ! July 25, 2013
Indie developer Jeffrey Sun brings you the Modern Photo Editor 1.7.1 for iOS, an update to his powerful, full resolution, image editing app, which is one of the few apps of its kind capable of processing and saving photos shot at full resolution on the iPhone's 8-megapixel, iSight camera. July 24, 2013
Everything changes, so Zevrix has to keep up ... they have upgraded their Package Central 1.7, a compatibility update to its document packaging workflow automation solution for Adobe InDesign. July 23, 2013
Hope you've had a great summer, as many of us continue back into the school season, here are some great inspirations and idea starters for August . . .
* Stefan Sagmeister’s The Happy Show Is at the Chicago Cultural Center
* 'Revel on the Block' promotes creativity, community and local business
* Students Recognized by 'Design for Good' Project
* Winners of SEGD Global Design Awards 2013
* Trust me, you’re not a graphic designer
* Contemporary Arts Museum gets graphic
... and more ! July 19, 2013
June and July are brought to you by the letter J, so here, we've found some Jays for you. Along with that we continue the creative quest for cool stuff. Enjoy
* June and July are brought to you by the letter J
* Big JAY Alphabet art . . . personalized prints
* Jays poster for JULY
* Pen Tool Cheat Sheet, techniques : 'Zen of the Pen'
* Extraordinary Pen Tool Work :: Marcus Vinicius
* Talent Spotters: Lincoln School of Art & Design
* Design Studio course explores social issue
. . . and more! July 2, 2013
More great lettering in this Creative update, along with a designer with a cause, children's graphics and even Google now pays homage to Saul Bass!
* Metamorphosis Urban Revitalization Mural Design Transforms A Public Space
* Anthony Nolan Connects the Dots in Identity package
* The National Design Award Winners Announced
* A lesson about designing ugly PowerPoints
* Patricia got us going on and on and on
* Like Minded Studios . . . Wow
* Rebranding olive oil
... and more ! July 2, 2013
We're really digging Procreate. This app for iPad is widely recognised by illustrators and artists as the most advanced creative app available -- now they've won acoveted Apple Design Award at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco.
June 12, 2013
Table of Contents : What's here:
* 01 JUNE: Design Vacation
* 02 Photoshop Madness : Summertime COLOR
* 03 Photoshop Tutorial : Create a Vibrant Flaming Abstract Space Artwork
* 04 Photoshop Tutorial: Create rusted metal text
* 05 What is Responsive Web Design?
* 06 The Design Center presents Design & Publishing Updates :
* 07 Spring Creative . . . Creative Update #1
* 08 Fonts & Illustration . . . Creative Update #2
* 09 Creative inspiration . . . Creative Update #3
* 10 PUBLISHING UPDATE - profits vs downfall? Printing predictions
* 11 Marketing Update : Market smart, build a better pitch
* 12 Online Social Media Update : JUNE, vacations, travel
* 13 Web Update for the first quarter of 2013. . .
* 14 &Else News, Views and Reviews
* 15 Drowning Doesn’t Look Like Drowning
* 16 Graphic Design Book of the Month CLUB
* 17 JUNE gets hot, stay cool, enjoy your summer
. . . and more June 1, 2013