Most people don't even know what a multi-host-app library of GPU-accelerated tools is. But Red Giant's newly expanded Universe includes nine new effects and transitions. These updates expand the Universe toolset to 68 effects and transitions, more than half of which are free and run in Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro X and Motion, and now, Sony Vegas. December 27, 2014
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 25 years! Twenty-five years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Here we go . . . the LAST Creative Tidbits column for 2014. Say goodbye to the year, and get yourself ready to ramp up in January. A lot happened in the year, and you can go back and find more than twenty Creative columns in 2014. Have fun earning from these:
- The New Pantone 'Color of the Year' for 2015 is Pantone 18-1438 Marsala
- A New Book Examines the History of Graphic Design in California
- Royal College of Art releases GraphicsRCA: Fifty Years book
- interview with illustrator and designer jean jullien
- Artists launch street sculpture exhibit program
- Brewing up a new identity for Coffee Officina
- Illustrator is inspired by the Westcountry
- Buy A Logo - 10 Tips For Better Design
- Ten Questions for: Fernando Gutiérrez
- ... and more!
We never seem to slow down, but in many situations the creative spirit needs 'rest' -- so sit down and take it easy while you go through this week's creative tidbits. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Looking at the artwork of the Criterion Collection
- The Colorful History of California Graphic Design
- Design App is Apple's App of the Year runner-up
- A Photo Exhibit That Examines Climate Change
- Inside the Cinelli and Columbus factories
- How big data is revolutionizing design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Graphic Design
- How To Design A Killer Gig Poster
- Why Aren’t You Creative?
- ... and more! December 10, 2014
Getting ready to wrap up the year opens the slow season. However creativity for designers, illustrators, painters, photographers, typographers and anyone involved in the creative processes, or visual communications will not slow down. The need for creative inspiration goes on .... in this edition :
- Polk State Was a Beginning, and Without It, I Wouldn’t Be Where I am Today
- 5 Easy Ways To Create A Brilliant Background For Your LinkedIn Profile
- This Graphic Translates Web Design Feedback into Plain English
- LEGO BRICK: pinhole camera snaps tiny thumbnail-sized 'photos'
- I am the Jackie Robinson of Hip Hop Graphic Design!
- How optical illusions trick your brain
- Art Department Faculty Work Featured at the Kellogg Gallery
- Cincinnati Design Awards honors wide range of local projects
- ... and more!
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 24, #12 ~ December
- Greetings and welcome to December and the Holidays!
- 25 awesome examples of fantasy illustration from The Golden Age of Illustration
- Photoshop Madness : in the holiday spirit from dimwits to families to snow globes and others
- 429 Professional Photoshop Styles - never make styles from scratch again!
- Are you being held hostage by Adobe? InDesign? No more!
- Candy Canes, Bells, Ribbons, and Santa : Adobe Illustrator vector files for the Holidays!
- 60-Seconds #317 : Goodbye SpamCop
- Typography : many styles and combinations make this a true vintage collection!
- Typography : Adorn your designs with borders, banners and catchwords collection!
- Counting on your support
- A Quarter Century online ... and more December 1, 2014
Jeff, is a new Yosemite Mac app that allows users to record their screen as a GIF and share it anywhere with Dropbox. Now any Mac user can visually share an idea in seconds. Hmmmm. Could be super helpful! November 30, 2014
Really, that's okay. It happens to us all. You have to come up with a new image but that blank sheet of paper and blank Illustrator window are just no help at all. Maybe you should hire another designer. Maybe you should give up. But wait -- all you need is a quick, easy, vector based logo design app to start knocking around ideas. Maybe you need Logopop! November 28, 2014
- Paul McCartney and Nick Cave contribute hand drawn artwork for Alzheimer's Society
- $50 Discount to HOW Design Live Conference in Chicago, May 2015
- The 5 most common design mistakes in digital signage
- What deserves Cincy’s ‘Razzies’ of design?
- Translating print skills to Web design
- 6 Common Mistakes in Logo Design
- ... and more!
Ladies and gentlemen, meet graphic designer and font virtuoso, Ms. Laura Worthington. We ran across Laura two years ago during the Fall Fonts Festival, and I earmarked her for a future piece. Well, during prep for December, I peeked in on her and WOW -- discovered "Adorn." Wow! This is not just a font, it's a period design genre! November 26, 2014
As you get ready for 2015, some things you may want focus on is developing your publishing strategy to run with the winners! We've come a long way and publishing today takes some careful construction and on-time delivery. C'mon and follow along as we follow publishing channels
 The 10% digital-to-print rule: what success with digital magazines looks like
 Google Loves Print: Guidelines Tell Us So
 The future of digital publishing: Going back to hieroglyphics
 Print gets their attention; digital brings it to life
 From BBC to BuzzFeed: Lessons in mobile publishing
 The 100-to-1 rule: Creating the best headlines
-- and more ... November 25, 2014