Folks, meet Ilene Strizver, dsigner, type designers, and the hardest working woman in the Typography biz February 26, 2016
DESIGN, TYPOGRAPHY & GRAPHICS is DT&G -- first published in 1988, now, online for 26 years! Twenty-six years of ideas, tips and tricks and concepts for graphic design, printing and publishing of all kinds. We touch on type, logos, illustration, graphics, layout, page set-up, and pre-press topics -- including Adobe InDesign, Quark XPress, Adobe Illustrator and others ... Send in your best works to be featured here! Join our FaceBook Group and follow us on Twitter
Welcome to the 2016 Designing Women edition, celebrating Women's History Month. This will be our 21st year of celebrating, and it continues to be one of our favorite editions, because we get to meet so many wonderful artists, designers, illustrators and photographers. Hope you enjoy this year's line-up, and don't forget to send in your portfolio, or nominations!
- Lucia Bustamante designing diversity
- TypeTalk: Most Notable Fonts of 2015
- An obsession with Grids
- Karina Mosqueda
- and more to come!
Storyboarding is and art, no matter if it's for video, cinema, comic books or other visual sequentials. If you're writing and producing TV spots, educational films, or other promotional motion pictures then Storyboard Artist is an essential! February 15, 2016
Each year, we like to focus on achievements in the visual communications world in celebration of Black History Month. This year we're taking a little different approach in a quest to find creative expressions of Martin Luther King Jr. We've also updated the whole series of pages about Black designers and artists in the world ... February 1, 2016
DTG Newsletter ~ Vol. 26, #2 ~ February
Graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields around here are celebrting Presidents, and Black History Month in the cold, cold winter
- February: In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- 26th year of DT&G --- did you miss me ?
- Creative Tidbits #201: Trump, Iranian type, Adobe Post, classic signs and more
- In search of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Vintage Valentine's Cuts copyright free clip art on CD-ROM
- 60-Seconds #328 : Why do cybercrime spam cartels keep sending the same, tired old spam?
- Ad Blockers : people finally had enough and now see no ads! Can you blame them?
- 60-Seconds #327 : Who establishes the logo design trends for 2016?
- Awesome Steampunk photo manipulations and photo-realistic illustrations!
- Creative Tidbits #202: anti-drug drive posters, Bikinis, Photoshop Action and more
- Awesome Photographic modifications and manipulations that defy reality
- Creative coloring apps for designers and illustrators of all ages
- Dinotopia: A Land Apart from Time ... inspiration for artists and visionaries
- A New Year and A New Look: McDonald's Global Packaging Launches In Style
- WATCH for upcoming changes in the sites and in the editorial slant
Starting this month, McDonald’s restaurants in the United States will unveil new carry-out bags, fountain beverage cups and sandwich boxes. I don't know if this is a hallmark in graphic design, but looking at the history of McDonald's packaging and their urban positioning, it looks like a fun change. January 21, 2016
Rolling into a new year of Creative Tidbits, we're finding these great discoveries and enjoying the creative experience around every corner! Remember, we're always looking for your suggestions and tips for cool stuff. Enjoy this edition of Creative Tidbits January 5, 2016
Kicking off a brand new year -- 2016 -- with creative update number 201 ! I probably enjoy finding these great discoveries more than you do! There's a lot going on so, enjoy and remember : there's a creative experience around every corner! January 1, 2016
Recently we've had an "adult coloring" thread going, looking at all aspects of grown-up coloring books. Of course with the adult coloring fad, the app developers would jump in on the act. So, here we'll take a look at several apps for your mobile device that simulate real-world coloring. December 20, 2015
Chronicling America, a free, online searchable database of historic U.S. newspapers, has posted its 10 millionth page -- more than 10 million pages - 74 terabytes of total data - from more than 1,900 newspapers in 38 states and territories and the District of Columbia. December 16, 2015