Have you revisited a site from your past recently? Were you shocked at what you found? At one point I stopped tracking spam sites. They had ALL become spam sites. But then, while researching the new iPad Pro, Google referred me to the site of an old friend "Cult of Mac", so I clicked to go there ... there was a loud whooshing sound as it took my breath away! WTF is THIS? April 2, 2017
WEB DESIGN & REVIEW THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN? Does your web site suck? -- We're here for anyone interested in presenting to the greater internet and web audience; including: issues, security, programming, and of course web site critiques and reviews. SUBMIT your site for review, or have the Design Center team critique your site. ...
Join our FaceBook Group
The Design Center is an AD-FREE web site : no stalkers, predators or malvertising. High-content/Low-noise online presence since 1988. We advocate the USE of AD BLOCKERS.
The social media field is about to heat up with the approach of Valentine's Day, and a ton of spring events and activities. If we can get people to stop the fake news and click bait of the elections, and concentrate on what's hot for marketing, the graphic designers could go to work.
- The Importance of Social Media in Experiential Marketing Campaigns
- From Millennials to Boomers: Connecting with Members at Every Age
- Lunch Bot, Anyone? How Brands Can Use Chatbots in Advertising
- Publishers are missing the jump from desktop to mobile
- 30 Killer Tips to Become a Master Social Media Manager
- The Key to Social Media? Think Like a Publisher
- Mobile vs. desktop in the world of Millennials
- YouTube Statistics will blow you away
OKAY, we're off and running into another year of DT&G's social media updates, and these next 22 references were the hottest links in the past three weeks before the first of the year! If you have observations or experiences to share, please feel free to contribute your guest article for all DTG readers! And here we go . . .
- 8 Reasons to Focus on Content Marketing and Improve your Google Ranking
- AI, chatbots, live streaming and more social media trends for 2017
- Apple: One billion iTunes podcast subscriptions and counting
- 5 Tips To Help You Achieve More With Social Media Marketing
- Battle Of The Ages: The Digital vs.Traditional Media Debate
- 8 Companies Changing the Social Media Game
- Do Page Likes Still Matter on Facebook?
February kicks off with some very hot property heating up even more. Follow the trends and the studies and you'll see there are some real problems to overcome once you start relying too heavily on Social Media. Don't sell your real media just quite yet.
- 5 attitudes that say your organization’s not ready for all-out social media
- Crowdtap Study Reveals Seventy-One Percent of Shoppers Rely On Social Media
- Oxford professor challenges Ritson's 'tsunami of bullshit' claim
- Opinion: The important word in ‘social media’ is not ‘media’
- Read This Article Before You Press ‘Tweet’
- A Social Media Manager’s View on SEO
- Social Media Policy Checklist
We're following the advertising industry with great interest. Of course you've followed our advertising and marketing updates for years, and we carefully tried to warn the online ad world of the evils of spam for nearly three decades. Alas, the unquenchable quest for money has corrupted the entire online advertising world to the point of criminal activities and now there is a growing backlash from the public. It's a huge travesty that this second generation of internet users actually does not know what a spam-free internet is like. We're following the anti-spam world of ad-blocking for you :
- Ad Blocking Declined In Germany; Advertisers Are Concerned With Snapchat Video Averages
- Here's one sign that ad blocking's meteoric growth could start to slow down
- Goodbye social media, analytics and ad trackers with Firefox Focus for iOS
- Why building relevant ads in a cookie-free world comes down to context
- Adblock Plus wins its 6th court case, brought by Der Spiege
- Netflix promotes ‘Black Mirror’ by targeting ad blockers
- Adblock Plus Calls Meetup To Form An Independent Board
- A Glimmer of Hope in the Ad Blocking Battle
- Ad-Blockers: Let’s Call Them What They Are!
- The Natives Are Restless
Now that we've been on the path of ad blockers for a year, the topics of click bait and fake news seems to have overtaken the media. Ad blockers will always help you on click bait sites because they're always full of predator and stalker links in the ads served. As we approach the end of 2016, the ad blocking field is getting hotter and hotter! This edition covers just a few of the hottest of the hot December 12, 2016
We're at the end of the year and will be seeing new developments in the new year, I'm sure. So this edition will close out 2016, and hopefully give you some things to think about for the coming year. Thanks for reading!
- Why Flipboard Won't Help Publishing's Smoldering Model
- 4 Ways to Transform Your Landing Pages for More Impact
- 10 Ways To Gain Quick Conversions Through Web Design
- Create the Right Goals for Your Website
- How your old content can help with SEO
- Advertising Sucks Long Live The Web
- How the Web Became Unreadable
I know there are professionals reading who will really appreciate PaintCode 3. This is a new version of a design and development tool for Mac OS -- a vector drawing app that turns drawings into code, acting as a bridge between developers and graphic designers. This is serious stuff. December 6, 2016
How many times have I said it? Advertising sucks on the web? Some people are starting to agree. This edition of WebUpdate seems to reinforce that concept. This week we'll also see some warnings about your rankings and publishing good, content is good SEO. Let's dig in :
- Web Advertising Sucks... Affiliate Fees Are Going To Take Over!
- 5 Traffic-Growing On-Page Optimization Tips for Publishers
- 5 SEO Myths that Can Seriously Hurt Your Search Rankings
- The Importance of SEO Training for Editorial Teams
- MultiBrief: How to measure social media ROI
- 5 Rules for Publishing Accessible Content
- Why Content Marketing is the New SEO
Actually it's been quite a time since our last update, and we've got a bunch of pent-up articles to get out here before the end of the year! So there will be three updates pretty fast in a row. If you're a web designer, not just a template jockey, let us know!
- 5 Web Design Techniques to Make Your Website Search Engine Friendly
- Three simple resolutions on how to do better SEO in 2016
- 9 responsive design mistakes you don’t want to make
- 6 Advanced Google Analytics Tricks You Should Know
- 8 responsive web design trends that defined 2015
- How to Do Unintentional Link Building
- How to be a Problem Solving SEO
- 1 of 21