Seems ad blockers are a good thing, and it also seems ad blockers are a bad thing. The problem arises when the advertising broker is sleezy and greedy, and the publishers don't have time to pay attention to how they're getting screwed. And there ain't nobody getting rich (to coin an old phrase) except the advertising hoars. We wish them well, and only hope that they're not making your web page suck. December 18, 2015
WEB DESIGN & REVIEW THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN? Does your web site suck? -- We're here for anyone interested in presenting to the greater internet and web audience; including: issues, security, programming, and of course web site critiques and reviews. SUBMIT your site for review, or have the Design Center team critique your site. ...
Join our FaceBook Group
The Design Center is an AD-FREE web site : no stalkers, predators or malvertising. High-content/Low-noise online presence since 1988. We advocate the USE of AD BLOCKERS.
The online world and its unsatiable hunger for money has broken all rules and enraged the online population to the point of mutany! The design community as well as old school internet purists said all along that you could tell your web page sucks if you have advertising. But the web industry just wouldn't listen. Now, it appears a huge push-back is coming and it will make the connected world a better place. November 23, 2015
The web design world has gone through some crazy ups and downs in its short 20 year lifetime. It started lean and clean because there was no bandwidth, and the software was so slow. We were connecting on 400 baud modems over dialup. You remember that -- but where's it all going? We don't know, but we'll sure have a good time getting there! August 18, 2015
Now that so many have graduated from design schools in the past few weeks, it's time to hit the streets looking for a job. I understand job hunting is tough these days, so it is ever amazing to see how many really, really BAD solicitations we receive. It's amazing. Here another example of a really horrible solicitation. June 15, 2015
Don't you hate it when your ISP doesn't understand and doesn't care what kind of software you use? Isn't it a real pain to discover your software CMS system doesn't like your ISP, and the ISP doesn't like it back? May 31, 2015
Summer is around the corner ... soon you'll have those opportunities to hook into your readers social streams with your agenda. What? You don't have an agenda? You don't have your strategy yet? Well, you'd better get moving! Read these leads we've gleaned from the recent social media press and you'll be much better informed:
- Creating the perfect social media strategy for your company
- Infographic: Why you should be marketing with social media
- 8 Social Media Mistakes That Are Killing Your Brand
- Digital News Readership Continues to Gain New Ground
- How To Use Social Media To Boost Your SEO Campaign
- How Nonprofits Can Create Real-Time Marketing
- People are the New Social Channel
Last edition of our Web Update carried some Mobilegeddon news and views, so we're not going to go back there this time. There are plenty of issues in the world of the web to more than fill this edition. Have fun and let us know if there's something we should share . . .
- The Often Overlooked Side of the Digital Publishing World: Optimization
- Need a New Website or Logo? Design Trends for 2015. (Infographic)
- Are keywords relevant to SEO in 2015?
- 5 Pieces Of Content: 25 Link Ideas
- 3 components of smart metrics
Social media is hotter than ever! With news of streaming video from Twitter and Facebook, along with some disturbances with Linkedin, every graphic designer needs to stay on top of the social media game. Here are some interesting stories we bookmarked recently -- good enough to pass along to you:
- Should digital magazine covers be designed different from print?
- Balancing art and science to track campaign performance
- 8 indispensable tools every content writer needs
- Why I Won't Accept Your Linkedin Invitation
- Top 5 Advantages Of Email Marketing
- Managing your online reputation
PaintCode is a unique vector drawing app that generates Objective-C or Swift code in real time, acting as a bridge between developers and graphic designers. April 26, 2015