Too often marketers are flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to developing a content strategy. Unfortunately, the term content marketing has become an industry buzzword that everyone is talking about but few marketers truly understand. October 7, 2013
WEB DESIGN & REVIEW THUMBS UP or THUMBS DOWN? Does your web site suck? -- We're here for anyone interested in presenting to the greater internet and web audience; including: issues, security, programming, and of course web site critiques and reviews.
PLEASE READ: Who will own the Internet if America gives it away?
In less than eight weeks Pioneers Festival kicks off at the Hofburg Imperial Palace in Vienna. This year Tech-Giants as Apple (Adam Cheyer) and Google (Vishal Sharma) will meet NASA (General Pete Worden) and the founding team of MYO (Thalmic Labs) among others. September 17, 2013
Now, we continue our updates from the first quarter of 2013. . . our next update will launch us into June for interesting regular updates on Web Trends, tips and tricks just for web designers and online marketers:
* Successfully launch a new website and refresh your brand
* Solving the Issue of Context in Responsive Web Design
* How To Get Links By Writing About Other People
* Protect your website from Google SEO penalties
* Why Does SEO Take So Long?
.... and the continuing online world May 23, 2013
This Social Media update in the middle of May looks at Google+ hangouts, audiences, promotions, and preventing nightmares --
* Hangouts and Communities: The Road to Google+ [INFOGRAPHIC]
* How to Diagnose the Health of Your Social Media Strategy
* Discover more about your audience with social media
* How to Create Highly Engaging & Sharable Graphics
* Boost your Facebook engagement with promotions
* Can you prevent social media PR nightmares?
* Effectively manage a LinkedIn group
* Getting a grip on your social media
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking May 22, 2013
equinux announces the release of Mail Designer 1.3 for Mac. equinux enhances Mail Designer, its tool for creative professionals, with an interface to send and distribute mail designs and newsletters with Campaign Monitor. This integration greatly improves the marketing workflow for freelancers, creative professionals, and companies. Mail Designer and Campaign Monitor are ideal for launching newsletter campaigns and reaching large audiences. Users can build and create their own mail designs. May 20, 2013
We haven't had a real Web Update since the first of the year, so let's catch up to the first quarter of interesting regular updates on Web Trends, tips and tricks just for web designers and online marketers:
* Is responsive design really the future of Web development?
* 4 Reasons Long Blog Posts and Content are the Future
* 7 Ways To Grow Your Online Community With Google+
* 17 Things You Should Stop Doing to Your Websites
* 10 Killer SEO Landing Page Tips
.... and the continuing online world May 16, 2013
This Social Media update joins spring changes coming to the whole world of online media -- from burn-out to flubs, to promotions and marketing -- let's catch up
* 5 tips for avoiding social media burnout - Social Media Today
* 6 ways to avoid a personal PR crisis on social media
* 7 NEW things to do after you've written a blog post
* 5 Ways Social Media Can Promote Your Offline Event
* Boost engagement on your LinkedIn company page
* 5 tips to reduce risk of social media flubs
* 7 simple social media moves that work
.... and the continuing world of social media and networking May 15, 2013
ICANN seems to be doing everything to enhance its own wellfair, but nothing to protect netizens.
* Why are they adding so many new TLDs? They cannot even administrate the ones we have, and they are perpetually putting responsibility into hands that should never have it! This special Web Update includes: Name.space sends lawsuit against ICANN over new TLDs to Court of Appeals
* ICANN gTLDs: When Names Are Borrowed from an Atlas - CircleID
* Harvard.xxx a Brand Cautionary Tale as Web Adds New Names
* United States: ICANN Opens Trademark Clearing House
* Microsoft Doesn’t Like Google’s Dotless
* New local domains see breakthrough
* Who Really Runs the Internet?
* Trademarks at Risk - Law.com
and more! Follow along April 19, 2013
I don't know who has been following this issue, but it could affect everyone eventually. As web designers, we need to keep an eye on such issues and try to push society toward the logical resolutions. Robin Flynn sent in this article and it brings up to date with what's going on concerning AEREO. . . April 14, 2013