One of the really problematic aspects of photography on your mobile device, iPhone or iPad is getting organization to your photos. You cannot really organize the way Apple wants you to ... yet you need organiation. Try this, you might really like it. April 30, 2015
MAY 2015 ... graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typographers, digital artists and everyone in the creative fields -- May Colors : What's in YOUR palette! CONGRATULATIONS Design Graduates! Send us your samples for DTG readers and win a prize!
May is brought to you by the color PURPLE ... because it means royalty, and is a frequent color for sashes at Graduation. join our BOOK OF THE MONTH CLUB and you could get a free book just for being there! FaceBook Group
Rolling into the summer vacation season, a lot of markets will be picking up that special book, magazine or whitepaper to take along on the trip. You're clients will be wanting to put their best foot forwared. We found these to be excellent reads, and even included some design to go along . . .
- What is a magazine? Media reporters often see the web as the answer
- The case for, and against, integrated print-digital newsrooms
- The Brutally Honest Truth about Ghostwriting
- 5 Truths of Audience Monetization
- Common print design mistakes
Macphun has released a free "Public Preview" version of their latest app, Noiseless. Using new advanced imaging technology, Noiseless provides a one-click solution for eliminating the pixelated/grainy patterns generated by nearly every camera when shooting in poorly lit situations. April 29, 2015
Last edition of our Web Update carried some Mobilegeddon news and views, so we're not going to go back there this time. There are plenty of issues in the world of the web to more than fill this edition. Have fun and let us know if there's something we should share . . .
- The Often Overlooked Side of the Digital Publishing World: Optimization
- Need a New Website or Logo? Design Trends for 2015. (Infographic)
- Are keywords relevant to SEO in 2015?
- 5 Pieces Of Content: 25 Link Ideas
- 3 components of smart metrics
Here we are in the spring ... and we're back on the track of wonderful color in Photoshop ... it's also Mothers' Day in May so watch for our Mothers' Day special . . . for now, just don't get yourself into too much Photoshop Madness :
- Adobe Photoshop - Color Swatches and Color Libraries
- How Do I Create Custom Color Palettes in Photoshop?
- Thread: The Zorn Color Palette for Photoshop
- Handling Colors – Part I: Palettes
- Picking and using color for color
- Fun with in-engine color grading
I remember a small program that came along a quarter of a century ago that just blew everyone away. I see hundreds of start-ups -- they come and they go -- but when I see Pixelmator, I'm scratching my head wondering if I'm looking at the next big thing . . . could this be the beginning of the end of Photoshop? April 28, 2015
Do you remember when Google came out with Penguin, how they would penalize any site with 'false' links? Then all this talk about mobilegeddon, and how Google has become the internet police and the ministry of information -- all about 'honesty' on the web. Google's "honesty" took a big hit when I wanted to contact a Tupperware sales representative in my own town. But, the search results were the last thing I expected -- and certainly the last thing I wanted. April 28, 2015
Fans of Eleven17 Technology Ltd.'s no-cost iPhone and iPad app SnapBooth - which is being hailed as a unique "personal photo booth" - can now head to the App Store and download the latest version 3.0, which features several major improvements that have made an already exceptional app even more functional and fun. April 27, 2015
From the mid 1980s until well into the 1990s, all of my workshops and seminars all around the country were conducted using GraphicConverter. First, there was no other "slide show" software that would run on the first Mac laptop -- which was actually an Outbound. Yes, this was before powerbooks. The sorter helped me sort and organize, the graphics engine let me edit, modify and build titling, and the slidshower helped me click through my presentations. And the slides were so beautiful, nobody ever wanted to see another PowerPoint. Some day, I'd like to meet Thorsten Lemke. He's the hardest working man in software -- he keeps on working and improving GraphicConverter's awesome capabilities. Now, here comes the next version . . . April 27, 2015
Social media is hotter than ever! With news of streaming video from Twitter and Facebook, along with some disturbances with Linkedin, every graphic designer needs to stay on top of the social media game. Here are some interesting stories we bookmarked recently -- good enough to pass along to you:
- Should digital magazine covers be designed different from print?
- Balancing art and science to track campaign performance
- 8 indispensable tools every content writer needs
- Why I Won't Accept Your Linkedin Invitation
- Top 5 Advantages Of Email Marketing
- Managing your online reputation