- Design Holidays
- Special Event: Photoshop Photo to Pencil Sketch
- Self Promotion: Soft Soap
- Photoshop Madness for the Holidays
- You Asked for it: the dreaded iPod TV Effect
- The Adobe Photoshop Elements Crafts Book
- Slideshows in a Picture Frame
- PMDA Announces Person Of The Year Awards
- Web Spyware & Malware Quiz
- Help us find the BEST OF 2005
- HELP, I'm Drowning
- Friends: Photo Key royalty free images
- Sounding off: The New Mr. Goodbar.
- Mail Bag: SpamSieve 2.4
- Mail Bag: RE: Legacy of Illumination
- Stuff: Cool InDesign Plugins...
- Stuff: Cool Web Site for creative ideas
- Closing words from the Editor...
- Visual Puzzler
- Else: Thinking about a digital camera?
- Employees Time Billing on the Mac
- Video Game Violence: What you should know
- Helping Windows users switch
- Mastering Elements of Elements 4
- Organizational Gold Mine for Photographers
- Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 One-on-One
Design HolidaysAll during the month you'll find new offerings in the Design Center -- and don't forget to pick up your holiday gift in the Publishers' Warehouse downloads department. So stay tuned and enjoy. If you have a holiday message or promotion you'd like to share with DTG readers, just Let us know!
Each year I like to share some of my favorite design projects perfect for holiday promotions or greetings... here are four easy techniques for your own self promotion... Unique Greetings with Fantastic Folds Photo to a Pencil Sketch Let the boys do your work! Photoshop for the Holidays! dreaded iPod TV Commercial Effect Photoshop Elements Crafts Book Image Moments PMDA Awards Spyware & Malware Quiz
* 2005's best Shareware
* 2005's best Software
* 2005's best Hardware or Gizmo
* 2005's best Web Site
* 2005's best Stock Photography, or
* 2005's best Clip Art, or
* Your finest Graphic Design Accomplishment during '05
* How about the WORST?
Then put your comments HERE and you're entered for prize drawings! Submit Here Photoshop 911 Questions from Readers Photo Key
"Meet the New Mr. Goodbar. He is lurking on the Internet, preying on professional women with money and assets. He may not murder you, but he�ll take your money and leave you feeling like a fool."
...which is not necessarily about graphic design, but valid and a good message for everyone to keep in mind. SpamSieve
"Just wanted to thank Laura and whoever else is responsible for putting out the Anthony Cole site. This excellent work is a real inspiration for me. It is so good to see how a more contemporary illuminator, obviously artistically mature, works with this ancient art. Many thanks!
...Boy you got that right... and do we ever love to get mail like this!Anthony Cole
"you might want to take a look at these cool InDesign plugins... they're free for InDesign CS and CS2 -- pay particular attention to the "Puzzle Generator * Wow... our readers will like these... Visit AMKAshop.com Cool!
2005 has been a momentous year -- with so many good things yet so many bad things. From natural disasters to human drama, the year ran the gambit on all fronts. Before you say good night to 2005, I urge you to get out there and do something good for someone. Call around your local area and ask ... "How can I help someone?"
Then just decide that you're going to do something big for someone each month, and something small for someone else each and every day of 2006. Make us proud.
The Holiday Gift section is open in the Publishers' Warehouse, so don't forget to swing over there (to the "Loading Dock") and pick up your gift.
Be sure to send in your favorites from 2005 so we can build the BEST of 2005 issue for January. Remember, when you register, you're in line for any of our great gifts.
Please have a wonderful year-end, a joyous holiday, and a fulfilling and prosperous 2006. From all of us here at the Design & Publishing Center and DTG Magazine, we bid you well.
Thanks for reading...
Editor / Publisher, DT&G Magazine
Parting words for December and "Gifts"...
"The excellence of a gift lies in
its appropriateness rather than in its value."
Charles Dudley Warner
"The artist is nothing without the gift,
but the gift is nothing without work."
- Emile Zola (1840-1902)
PS: if you've made it this far, the Loading Dock address for December will be set to "noel" in celebration of the holidays. Just add the word "noel" after the last slash in www.graphic-design.com/
WHO IS Fred Showker?
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly email newsletter, and each month we'll send you a low-key text email with all the happenings in the Design Center along with regular columns like the Mail-Bag, Reader-Tips, and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE to the Designers' CAFE email discussion list (listserv) and join the ongoing discussions about design and publishing