DT&G Newsletter for JuneDTG Forums...
* Link to your favorite article in the Design Center,
* Send a link to YOUR page (where the link is found)
* Include your mailing address (U.S. and Canada only, sorry.)
* Note your 'passion' in computing topics
* and a new book from the Design Bookshelf is on its way to you! Questions?
- Dive into June & Summer
- Photoshop Watercolor Filter
- Transforming Vector Objects
- Beach Blankets and Business
- Predict CMYK Color with Confidence
- Warping Images in Photoshop
- Growling Gut Instincts
- Summer Reading List! Dive into
- Critique: Position your Site, Visually
- Review: Epson R260 Printer
- 60-Seconds: Protect yourself from yourself...
- How to Write End User Agreements
- The camera that plays games
- 60-Seconds: Washington to London
- Mail Bag: Eye candy for June...
- Mail Bag: Talent this young?
- Mailbag: What about PagePlus?
- Website of the Month: Bolzanogold
- Soap Box: Link Blackmailers & Mail Bag
* Digital Photography including field guides for the Sony Alpha DSLR-A100, and Canon Speedlite System
* Design & DTP there's an all new Print Production Handbook and the awesome Visual Selling: Capture the Eye and the Customer Will Follow
* Graphics explosion of 3D books for Maya, SolidWorks, Facial Modeling and Visual Effects
* Business Department we feature How to Start and Operate Your Own Design Firm, Second Edition
. . . all happening at the Design Bookshelf Visual Positioning George Engel tells all... the pros and cons of online gambling... more effective EULA DXG-589V, digital camera/camcorder plays games You'll enjoy this... take this print along and try to name the celebrities... (WMV video)
"I have been an adherent of PagePlus since it first appeared and have published several small editions of books using it. I read a lot about InDesign, Quark and Publisher and I have tried them all. I have yet to find any program that is as user friendly or quick to use, even by the amateur. I would like to see the occasional mention of it in your column -- which I have subscribed to for some years now.
We really stay too busy with InDesign and Quark, however, if any of our readers would like to contribute tips or information about PagePlus, the best place to do it is in the Design Cafe!Got info on PagePlus? Let us know. here ... Check it out...
I've opened a new discussion topic in the Design Cafe about exchanging links, pros/cons and gotchas.
Another rant, while I'm on the soap box...
So many people write a second time asking why we didn't respond the first time. Many others want to know why their link or reference was not in the "MAIL BAG" department of the newsletter.
One answer is we can only get to so many -- so we go for the ones most urgent, or those most relating to DTG's readership. NOTICE: we also give preference to those who have clicked "Subscribe" to the DTG News. If you clicked "NOT" to subscribe, chances are we won't get to you. Besides, if you don't want to subscribe, then you're not interested in being in the Mail Bag anyway!Do you have a tip? A story? Share it with the rest of us... ... a dozen more &Else!
As we head into summer, people in the Northern Hemisphere will be heading out for leisure... take along your favorite Design book... learn some new CSS tricks, discover new fonts, catch up on all those Photoshop tutorials you've downloaded... there's lots to dive into in the graphic arts and design fields -- and we're here to help!
Oh... and if there are any readers in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, who know of some great beaches or marinas to access with a boat... please pass them along.
And, once again you've already wasted a perfectly good hour reading the DTG newsletter. Hopefully all is not wasted and you've gained at least one helpful tidbit of info
Thanks for reading...
Editor / Publisher, DT&G Magazine
Parting words for June...
"When a man knows deep in his bones what is right
-- and keeps acting on it --
he avoids the trap of compromise.
He remains incorruptible"
- Advertising genius, Leo Burnett
PS: if you've made it this far, the Loading Dock address for June will be changed to "dive_in" on or around the 3rd of June -- with lots of new additions for you to dive into. Just add the word "dive_in" after the last slash in www.graphic-design.com/
WHO IS Fred Showker?
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly email newsletter, and each month we'll send you a low-key text email with all the happenings in the Design Center along with regular columns like the Mail-Bag, Reader-Tips, and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE to the Designers' CAFE email discussion list (listserv) and join the ongoing discussions about design and publishing