DTG Newsletter for January, 2008Table of Contents:
- BEST OF THE BEST FOR 2007 AWARDS
- New friends kick off 2008
- Designers "BEST" & WORST products from 2007
- Photoshop: Creating Black & White from Color
- Designing in Ceramic Tiles
- Digital Cameras: Good, Bad, Ugly
- A quick Tune up for your computer
- George is in LCD Display heaven
- First Professional Photo Editor for Linux Users
- Digital Cameras NOT to buy
- You'll flip over the Flip Camcorder
- Controling Mac fonts
- Website of the Month:
- Art site of the month: furiae
- &ELSE... freebies and cool stuff
- FEBRUARY: BRIGHTER IDEAS FOR 2008
- Welcome 2008
Each year we count down the best books of the year for graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, web designers, computer users and anyone in the digital world. These books we find to offer the best information for the best value to those in the genre. We are proud to present the 2007 BEST AWARDS
Of course you don't have to be a winner to own a collectable Tee or Mug from the Design Center. Remember you can purchase these and help support the Design Center all at the same time! Fonts Fest Tees here... DTGees: Type & Design Tees here
Read their comments in the Creative Networking department Creating Black & White from Color Designing in Ceramic Tiles notes on Digital Cameras A quick Tune up for your computer Viewsonic VX2235 LCD Display LightZone for Linux Users Digital Camera News Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder Control Mac fonts p22.com/musicfont/ Don't miss Furiae Submit your entries today!
Hot Forum Topics: Web Design Critiques -- There is always a collection of new sites to review and reviewers who are sharing some rather special insights into web design!. This is al taking place in the Graphic Design Cafe!
Hot Forum Topics: Photoshop 911 -- Photoshop 911 forum discussions continue with lots of help for readers. From batch renaming to saving for the web issues, dig in if you're a Photoshop user!News, Reviews &Else! partners and friends because they support your Design Center! Take advantage of all they have to offer, and tell them DTG sent you!
Support your Design Center and DTG Magazine by becoming a partner or a friend!
- our annual tribute to women in the visual arts happens in March and April. If you're a woman in design, and would like DTG readers to visit your studio or portfolio, just let us know.
- our annual look at colors and color trends. Join the fun and suggest your favorites and why
- once warm weather hits we'll be on the road with the digital lifestyle.
For now, enjoy our January issue, and don't forget to contribute your thoughts and BRIGHT IDEAS for the February prize drawing!
Once again you've wasted a perfectly good hour reading the DTG newsletter. Hopefully all is not wasted and you've gained at least one helpful tidbit of info
Happy NEW YEAR! Once again you've wasted a perfectly good hour reading the DTG newsletter. Hopefully all is not wasted and you've gained at least one helpful tidbit of info
Happy NEW YEAR!
Editor / Publisher, DT&G Magazine
A Thought for January... and the future:
The future is not some place we are going,
but one we are creating.
The paths to it are not found but made,
and the activity of making them changes both the maker and the destination."
PS: if you've made it this far, excellent! The folks at the Publishers Warehouse have set up the Loading Dock for January and changed the address to "janus" ... so, just add the word janus after the last slash in www.graphic-design.com/
WHO IS Fred Showker?
Participate in your Design CenterLots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly email newsletter, and each month we'll send you a low-key text email with all the happenings in the Design Center along with regular columns like the Mail-Bag, Reader-Tips, and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE to the Designers' CAFE email discussion list (listserv) and join the ongoing discussions about design and publishing