Protect Your Identity (WIN)
icSpyware & Anti-PHishing
Allume Systems, Inc., an IMSI company has shipped a new software suite which also includes a 2 year subscription for free updates of spyware definitions: icSpyware & Anti-Phishing Suite for complete Internet protection against spyware, fraudulent phishing scams and other identity theft tactics .
Spyware and Phishing scams are on the rise costing consumers over $500 million a year and recent projections estimate they are growing 28%, on average, every month. The icSpyware & Anti-Phishing suite is the first collection that easily protects consumers from a broad range of attacks (and threats) on the Internet, both proactively and over a variety of mediums, including email scams and surfing the Net.
"If consumers have been waiting because they don't know what to do to protect their computer, now's the time to install this software to get a defense in place before it's too late," said Pauline Shumake, senior product manager at Allume. " This new suite is easy to use, handles even the most invasive tactics that scam artists have been trying lately, and it's affordable for home users and business environments."
Suite Features protect you from:
- *Internet Cleaning -Includes spyware protection against adware, key loggers and Trojan horse programs;Protection against Web bugs, ad banners, and pop ups; manages cookies; includes a locking mechanism to prevent snooping; and prevents unauthorized access to applications. The suite also includes a 2-year subscription for free spyware definitions.
- *No Phishing - Phishing is a scam that uses spoofed emails and fake Websites to get users to disclose credit cards and account numbers as well as other sensitive information designed to steal their identity and money.
- *Identity Theft Protection - Tools for online and offline security, it guards personal information, detects suspicious activity and helps correct credit damage.
- *No Spam Allowed- Blocks unwanted email with its unique patent-pending fingerprinting technology. By taking advantage of the SpamCatcher network users increase their protection from the latest email scams and spam.
- *Surf Anonymously - An easy way to keep surfing habits private, it shields your computer information from the Internet via an encrypted path.
Users get additional protection by letting users create their own "black list" allowing them to easily block email from people and domains or add them to a "white list" of approved email addresses or domains.
Pricing, Availability and Requirements
- icSpyware & Anti-Phishing Suite MSRP is $29.99 and is available directly from Allume and popular retail stores.
- It works on Windows 98, ME,2000, or XP (Home or Professional), and requires at least 76 MB of free disk space and 8 MB RAM (16 MB for Windows NT/2000/XP). Supported browsers: Internet Explorer 5.01 or later for PhishGuard, Internet Explorer 5.01 or later, America Online browser 7.0 or 8.0, Netscape, Mozilla and MSN Explorer for all others.
IcSpyware & Anti-Phishing Suite, Internet Cleanup, SpamCatcher, and the Allume name and logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Allume Systems, Inc. All other product names are registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network