Data Publishing in Adobe Illustrator CS
Rick Ralston, Zumedia.comZumedia software has announced the release of Automata 1.5, bringing Variable Data Publishing (VDP) to Adobe Illustrator. Automata 1.5 combines the creativity of Adobe Illustrator, the power of databases and the speed of automation to generate multiple files based on a template that can be either printed or saved - at up to 1500 fph (files per hour).
By merging an Illustrator file (containing place holders) with a data source (typically a text file containing content information) you can print the files to any printer or save in any or all of seven file formats (Adobe Illustrator, PDF, EPS, JPG, GIF, Photoshop layered files and even Flash animations).
"It's amazing to watch Automata automatically build file after file before your eyes at up to and well over 100 times faster than you can do it manually," said Rick Ralston, president of zumedia software. "Take, for instance, a medium to large business card project. Previously you would build the business card template, get the design approved and then start the long process of manually entering content information and saving and/or printing each person's card. It will probably take you hours if not days and is highly prone to human error. With Automata you build the template file, get it approved and then go get a cup of coffee while it automatically cranks them all out for you. Quickly, accurately and eficiently."The benefits are
- drastically reduced costs,
- increased speed,
- brand consistency,
- high accuracy rate,
- no programmer required and the
- avoidance of brain-glazing repetitive production work.
Automata 1.5 frees you to devote yourself to more creative and profitable things.
Pricing & Availability
- Automata 1.5 is available immediately at www.zumedia.com at $135 for a single pack (free upgrade for 1.0 owners).
- Site license price is available upon request.
- Automata 1.5 ships with an interactive User Guide, a tutorial application and all tutorial production files.
- Automata 1.5 requires Adobe Illustrator CS and the Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" operating system.
- Download the Demo
zumedia software automates the production side of graphic design by developing tools that free people to pursue those things that ignited their imagination in the first place.
Adobe and Illustrator are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated. Flash is a trademark of Macromedia, Inc.
Atlanta, Georgia � April 25, 2005
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network