Chameleon: high-speed image editing
Operating as a plug-in to photo editors including Adobe Photoshop, Photoshop Elements, Jasc Paint Shop Pro and others, AKVIS Chameleon makes the insertion of new objects or the replacement of unwanted elements in digital photos simple even for users unskilled with photo editing software, since this tool does not require precise selection of objects. AKVIS Chameleon adjusts inserted objects to the new background, automatically adapting and blending to the new color range. (Click for large example)
AKVIS Chameleon creates photo collages in two modes, Standard and Snapshot. In Standard mode, one click automatically drops a selected item into a photo, adjusts it to the target color range and smooths the borders. The Snapshot mode layers the blended components so that the texture and relief of the primary image can be seen through.
The V.2.1 release of AKVIS Chameleon features image processing speed up to 30 times greater than its predecessor while requiring far less memory consumption. The program�s messaging and help features are now available in English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Russian.
Registered users of previous versions of AKVIS Chameleon are eligible to upgrade to V.2.1 for free by downloading and installing the new version.
Normally priced alone at USD $69.00, AKVIS Chameleon is also available in the AKVIS Alchemy bundle, which includes AKVIS�s entire family of photo editing plug-ins: Retoucher, Enhancer, Stamp and Chameleon, for only USD $199.00. A Microsoft Windows� 98/ME/2000/XP/NT or Macintosh OS X platform is required. AKVIS offers 10 days to evaluate their fully-functional software.
- More information about Chameleon
- Direct evaluation download
- AKVIS Chameleon Demonstrations
- AKVIS Chameleon Downloads
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network