Cleanup brings Greater Security to Tiger
Providing Protection And Full Tiger SupportAllume Systems has announced Internet Cleanup 3.0 for Macintosh, the latest version of the popular privacy tool that protects users from unscrupulous monitoring of their private information.
With Cleanup 3.0, users can now schedule a cleaning of forms' auto-fill data, e-mail attachments, instant messaging log files, web files, and more. In addition, Internet Cleanup 3.0 offers protection from Spyware, provides secure file deletion, monitors transmissions of data over the Internet and browser cookie management.
"Internet Cleanup 3.0 is designed to make it easy to protect the users' privacy," said Pauline Shumake, Senior Product Manager of Allume Systems, Inc. "It has been redesigned to make cleaning out junk files fast and easy. It places more power and control in the User's hands than ever before. Users can schedule automatic cleanings and run simultaneous tasks which makes maintaining their privacy a breeze!"
Internet Cleanup 3.0 contains a powerful array of features for Mac users:
- NEW! SCHEDULE TASKS - The new Scheduler tool lets users create scheduled tasks to automatically perform searches and clean their system.
- NEW! USER INTERFACE - Internet Cleanup 3.0's redesigned user interface makes the software more intuitive and easier to use than ever before! The new Preview Pane displays a thumbnail of your PDF and graphic files for easy recognition.
- NEW! APPLE MAIL SUPPORT MailCleaner"! adds supports for Apple Mail and now sports incredibly fast Entourage email attachment searching. Clean out attachments in Eudora, Entourage, Outlook, and now Apple Mail without deleting the original e-mail's text.
- NEW! FULL TIGER COMPATIBILITY - NetBlockade and Network SpyAlert have been updated for Mac OS 10.4 Tiger and now fully support fast-user switching.
The New Internet File Finder Tool Now Adds:
- Support for 5 new web browsers, including Firefox, Camino, Mozilla, Shiira and OmniWeb as well as strengthened support for Safari, Internet Explorer/AOL Netscape, iCab, Opera, and Sherlock.
- New Forms Auto-Fill Data Cleaner search to help find and remove any auto-fill data collected by web browsers.
- Direct control over which browsers' files are searched for and where.
- Improved Cookie Editor simplifies automatically getting rid of the browser cookies you don't want and keeping the ones you do.
NEW! RUN MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS AT THE SAME - Internet Cleanup 3.0's multi-threaded implementation allows users to conduct multiple tasks without having to wait for searches or other time-consuming operations to complete. Users can see the progress of all searches and tasks in the activity viewer window.
NEW! MORE CLEANING OPTIONS - Internet Cleanup 3.0 adds two new cleaning actions: Move To Trash and Move To Folder.
NEW! IT'S NOT ALL OR NOTHING ANYMORE - Internet Cleanup 3.0 now allows cleaning actions to be applied to individual files returned by searches.
UPDATED! SAFEGUARD IM PRIVACY - Instant Messenger Log Cleaner finds and deletes instant messaging chat logs for major IM applications to keep conversations private.
UPDATED! DETECT THE LATEST SPYWARE - SpyAlert scans the computer for evidence of surveillance Spyware and safely removes it.
PROTECT AGAINST SECRET MONITORING - Network SpyAlert immediately stops programs from sending data to the Internet without the user's permission.
BLOCK WEB - BASED SPIES- NetBlockade blocks unwanted cookies, ads, pop-ups as well as URL referrers that tell websites about the previous web page a user visited.
ELIMINATE DISTRACTING POP-UPS AND BANNERS - NetBlockade accelerates web surfing by blocking annoying banner ads and pop-up and pop-under windows.
SHRED CONFIDENTIAL FILES SECURELY - SecureDelete acts like a digital document shredder, completely removing private files so they cannot be recovered from a hard disk, even with special disk recovery tools.
KEEP YOUR SURFING HABITS PRIVATE - Internet Cleanup 3.0 clears away hidden files that show outsiders which Web pages, sites, and images were viewed. It can automatically delete unwanted cookies and protect the cookies you do want.
Pricing and Availability
The MSRP for Internet Cleanup 3.0 is $29.99, available directly from Allume and popular retailers and catalogs. Internet Cleanup Mac users can upgrade for $14.99
Download a Free trial version
System Requirements: Internet Cleanup 3.0 works on Mac OS 10.3. or higher and requires 8 MB RAM.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network