A Case For a Cause
Celebrity iPod Cases against Breast Cancer
What will the iPod fashion phenomena spawn next? How about a fundraising auction to raise funds for the fight against Breast Cancer.
This charity auction is led by designer Marc Ecko of The Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA). Since 1994 CFDA has raised more than $40 million for distribution to breast cancer organizations in 13 countries.
Above: Luca Luca iPod Case with Mischa Barton Playlist
The auction features one-of-a-kind iPod cases created by some of today's most notable fashion designers, each of which will contain a brand new iPod (courtesy of Apple Computers) and a playlist created by each designer's celebrity partner. All auctions end on June 22.
Max Azria of BCBG Max Azria iPod Case with Brittany Murphy Playlist
Other favorite entries are:
- Robert Lee Morris iPod Case with Brooke Shields Play
- Betsey Johnson iPod Case with Cyndi Lauper Playlist
- Carmen Marc Valvo iPod Case with Vanessa Williams Playlist
- Carolina Herrera iPod Mini Case with Renee Zellweger Playlist
See them all in the Live Auctions Section at eBay
Participating designers and their partners are: Marc Ecko with Mary J. Blige; Carolina Herrera with Renee Zellweger; Betsey Johnson with Cyndi Lauper; Cynthia Rowley with Maggie Gyllenhaal; Luca Orlandi of Luca Luca with Mischa Barton; Robert Lee Morris with Brooke Shields; Vivienne Tam with Jessica Alba; Liz Lange with Billy Baldwin and Chynna Phillips; Max Azria of BCBG Max Azria with Brittany Murphy; Nanette Lepore with Hype Williams; Judith Leiber with Katie Holmes; and Carmen Marc Valvo with Vanessa Williams. Donna Karan's playlist will feature music from 20 years of her fashion shows, and Sean Combs will create his own playlist under his 'P. Diddy' moniker.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network