Digital Art Juried Show
OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIESOPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES: Los Angeles Center For Digital Art Juried Show
LACDA announces the annual juried competion for digital art and photography. Entrants submit three JPEG files of original work. All styles of 2D artwork and photography where digital processes of any kind were integral to the creation of the images are acceptable.
The selected winner recieves 10 prints up to 44x60 inches on canvas or museum quality paper (approximately a $1500-$2000 value) to be shown in a solo exhibition in our gallery from June 9-July 2, 2005. The show will be widely promoted and will include a reception for the artist.
Second place prizes: Five second place winners will receive one print of their work up to 24x36 inches ($150-$200 in value) to be included in upcoming group shows. Second place winners will be scheduled into group shows within twelve months of announcement of winners. Consideration is given to placing these works in shows appropriate to their style, genre and/or content. These shows will be widely promoted and will include a reception for the artists.
Special consideration will be given to all entrants for inclusion in future shows at LACDA. Many entrants from past competitions have already been included in our exhibits.
Deadline for entries:
May 22, 2005
Winners will be announced May 29, 2005.
Registration fee is $30US.
Online registration only: www.lacda.com
Direct link to registration page:www.acteva.com
Picture: LACDA Gallery
�Los Angeles Center For Digital Art
�107 West Fifth Street
�Los Angeles, CA 90013
Featured Artist: Frank Varela
Frank Varela is a graphic designer and a native to Los Angeles. For the last twelve years, he has designed for the entertainment industry and has art directed and designed for properties such as The X-Files and ER. Logo design is one of Frank's great passions and many of his logo designs and symbols have appeared in various graphic design books and publications. CONCEPTiCONS has been an ongoing project for the last eight years, and to date, the project has taken the form of a book, website (www.concepticons.net), and this show at LACDA.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network