Sharing Macs with PCs
PC-Mac-Net FileShare v4.6 offers enhanced Internet file sharingLava Software is now shipping PC-Mac-Net FileShare v4.6, a product which allows users to transfer files and folders easily and securely between all varieties of MacOS, Windows, and Linux computers across LANs, across cities and across the world.
In this new version, files with MacOS resource forks can now be optionally transferred to and from Windows and Linux computers, the amount of free disk space available for incoming files is displayed, a range of enhancements to Internet file sharing have been made (including faster and more reliable connections, an automatic firewall test, and expanded help in the user manual), additional icons for applications and packages, and a number of other optimizations. It is a free upgrade for all users.
The free Lite Edition has a 10mb file size limit, supports workgroups with up to 3 users and can be downloaded now. Versions are available for Windows 98/NT/ME/2000/XP, MacOS X (including "Tiger"), MacOS Classic (from MacOS 8.6 upwards) and Linux (i86).
A version for MacOS on Intel is expected to be released in early 2006. The Standard and Professional Editions have no file size limits, support large workgroups, and offer some additional features.
Lava Software PC-Mac-Net FileShare
- Publisher: Lava Software GPO Box 215, Adelaide, Australia, 5001
- Price: Lava Software is currently offering a 2-for-1 special for individual licenses of the Standard and Professional Editions - for each license you order, you get an extra one free. The Standard Edition is priced at USD24.95 and the Professional Edition is USD39.95. Professional Edition site license packs are also available, starting at USD299.00 (20-user). Free upgrades for one year are included in the price.
- Lava Software Pty. Ltd., a company incorporated in the State of South Australia in 1997, offers software products across a range of key application areas for all popular computer platforms. More information is available from http://www.lavasoftware.com.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network