Veenix: Font Tools
Take On Inactive Fonts"Veenix: Design & Type Tools -- New Version Takes On Inactive Fonts"
LAKE GROUP SOFTWARE has announced version 2.1 of "Veenix: Design & Type Tools", a set of twenty easy-to-use Macintosh OS X font and design tools for graphic designers, web designers, illustrators, typesetters or anyone who uses fonts on a Mac.
Version 2.1 makes major enhancements to its font tools, offering users the quickest and most intuitive way to find just the right font. The WYSIWYG Font List, which allows users to view fonts visually (in the typeface of the font) now adds the option to open/view any folder of fonts, whether the fonts are installed or not, and also adds the ability to activate/deactivate fonts. Users can now quickly see all their fonts with the same visual ease as they could with active fonts. Additionally, two new font related windows/views have been added: the Font Sample window which shows the alpha-numeric character set for a selected font, and the Font Comparison window which allows the user to compare and print up to six typefaces at a time.
Other font related features include:
- the Fonts Measurement Window which shows the imaging measurements of a selected font,
- Character Set Charts which show the entire character set of a selected font,
- Type Sampler Slide Show which allows the user to sample type in a slideshow setting and
- several Type Specimen printing options.
Other features of the software include
- Application Services Menu which allows quick access to any application,
- several clipboard utilities,
- color utilities, screen capture utilities,
- a Folding/Imposition Calculator,
- Pre-Press Checklist,
- full ASCII Chart, and a
- Decimal Equivalents Chart.
The software retails for $49.95 and can be purchased online at: Veenix. An evaluation copy is also available.
Full Product Specs:
- WYSIWYG Font List Window
- Open/View Active and Inactive Fonts
- Activate and Deactivate Fonts
- Character Set Charts
- Type Sampler Slide Show
- Font Sample Window
- Font Comparison Window
- Font Measurements Window
- Color Grabber Tool
- Color Explorer Tool
- Folding/Imposition Diagrams/Calculator
- Pre-Press Checklist
- ASCII Chart
- Decimal Equivalents Chart
- Type Specimen Sheets
- Screen Capture Utilities
- Save Clipboard to File
- Open File to Clipboard
- Application Services Menu
- Graphic File Conversion Tool
- Type Book Printing
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network