... arrives with TIGER supportXupport is a multipurpose system utility for Mac OS X. It provides many increase system security and performance, to maintain and backup Mac OS X, and to dig deeper into the world of Unix.
Xupport 3 is fully compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther), and provides a brand new user interface with plenty of new features.
- - Tiger compatibility
- - Native authorization technology
- - Much more hidden Settings
- - Cleaning browser caches, histories, cookies, ...
- - Cleaning native Mac OS X Applications caches
- - Extended file deletion functionality
- - Improved and more detailed network optimizer
- - Improved virtual memory optimization (swap)
- - More comfortable ipfw firewall interface
- - More backup options
- - Multiple and resizable file browser windows
- - Improved unix manual browser
- - Access hidden System, Finder and Dock settings
- - Run native maintenance scripts
- - Reset file type settings (Rebuild Desktop)
- - Reset Finder information (.DS_Store)
- - Clean system and application log files
- - Clean browser caches, cookies, web icons, ...
- - Delete files and folders with administrator privileges
- - Network optimizer
- - Virtual memory optimizer (swap)
- - Access hidden server settings (afp, http, ssh, ftp, smb)
- - Create additional shared directories (Share Points)
- - Advanced firewall interface (ipfw)
- - Create bootable backups
- - Create backup disk images for software restoration
- - Browse hidden system files and folders
- - Display system integrated unix manual pages (man)
- - Mac OS X shortcuts collection
- - Mac OS X error codes collection
- - ASCII table and conversion
Xupport 3 from Laurent Muller
- Xupport 3 will be released in July 2005. (Beta versions on request.)
- Upgrade Information: Registered users will receive a special upgrade offer via email.
- System Requirements: Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
- Localization: English (German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese will follow)
- Price: Xupport single user license: $19.90; Xupport single user license upgrade: $9.90; Volume discounts available.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network