Typing Acceleration with yType
now part of CopypasteCopypaste the one and only award winning multiple clipboard editor/archival utility was released today with a major new feature called yType. yType adds typing acceleration, instantaneous spell checking, word prediction, typing logger, inline equation solving in any application.
CopyPaste is the digital hub for clipboard material and now in addition to the clipboard manangement it has yType for typing acceleration. CopyPaste by itself is incredibly useful but with yType it becomes essential. It is easy to use, saves time and allows you to do less and accomplish more. That is why along with iKey and iClock, Copypaste is one of the 3 essential utilities for every person using Mac OS X.
1. yType checks every word for spelling and can instantly correct common typing errors and frequently misspelled words automatically. 'hte' becomes 'the', 'adn' becomes 'and'.
2. yType learns as you type and then recommends words from its growing database. yType makes suggestions for words based on the frequency of use. You can accept the suggested word by hitting the space bar twice (the yType typing expansion hotkey). This types the whole suggestion for you, saves time and improves accuracy.
3. yType lets you create specialized databases for different tasks medical, programming, foreign languages that can aid you in typing in those areas. We will make available more dictionaries on the site.
4. yType lets you keep boilerplate text at your fingertips. Create a mnemonic for a block of text then just type the mnemonic and the spacebar twice to insert it. You can type two letters and hit the spacebar twice to get a sentence that is 250 letters long and spelled perfectly. Lets assume you assigned "ss" as a mnemonic for the ScriptSoftware URL. In this case typing ss and the spacebar twice inserts "http://www.scriptsoftware.com/index.html" which might be used all the time.
5. yType lets you type equations inline in any document and view and insert the answer. No more need to use a separate calculator program
6. yType Type Logger can remember everything you type even if your Mac freezes or the power goes out. Never lose your work again.
Debbie Elkind, Wired Magazine says:
"I curse Apple for not enabling me to copy more than one item at a time." But praise be to generous programmers. CopyPaste's nifty text-processing tools let you shift case, tab, or insert text files, pictures, and sounds into a clipboard - the floating palette keeps track of what's where. Even neater is the clip archive, which drops copied items into a folder on your desktop - fabulously convenient for online researchers."
Cathy Begien, Macworld Magazine says:
"You'll find that CopyPaste is wonderfully tiny and, like most of my favorite shareware utilities, it has a shy personality -- you can send it away and it will discreetly return at your beck and call."
Nancy Carroll Gravley, The Mac Observer
"CopyPaste: A Godsend For Power Users & Novices Alike "This is a handy-dandy little program. It offers much for the experienced user, but there are aspects of it that would be very helpful to the novice."
Peter Wilson, Vancouver Sun Article
"The only utility to which I've remained true is the ever-lovely * CopyPaste from the wonderful folks at Script Software. * CopyPaste offers you 100 clipboards to which you can paste essential bits and pieces of documents, URLs you need and just about anything you want to store and then use again."
Info and to download and try out the new version go to: scriptsoftware.com, makers of KnowledgeMiner, iClock, Easy Card, iStar Karaoke, PhotoMover, iWatermark, Camera Helper, Project Timer Pro and iKey!
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network