Digital Photo Blow Up
... at last -- you can enlarge jpg files!Alien Skin Software has released Blow Up, an all-new plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Designed for both photographers and graphic artists, Blow Up offers the highest quality image enlargement available. Blow Up simplifies and improves image enlargement, making it easy to convert web graphics to print and create large format and gallery prints from digital snapshots.
Better than Photoshop bicubic and other third party solutions, Blow Up preserves the crisp lines and smooth colors in a source image. Blow Up scales image up to 10000% -- 10 times in each dimension -- with no stairstep, halo, or fringe artifacts.
In addition to superior image quality, Blow Up offers several distinguishing features.
* Blow Up supports CMYK, RGB, Lab, Grayscale, and Duotone image modes. Blow Up resizes multi-layered documents -- no flattening necessary -- and works with 8-, 16- and 32-bit compositions, including RAW and HDR images.
* Blow-Up can resize an image in a new document, leaving the original untouched. Lastly, taking advantage of multiprocessor, multi-core, and Hyper-threading technology, Blow Up offers greatly improved performance on modern CPUs.
Pricing and Availability: Blow Up sells for an estimated street price of $199. Registered users of other Alien Skin products receive discount pricing when ordering direct. Online delivery is available at the Alien Skin website: http://www.alienskin.com Blow Up is also available worldwide through stores, catalogs and resellers.
Host Requirements: Because Blow Up is an automation plug-in, it works exclusively with Adobe Photoshop CS or later and Adobe Photoshop Elements 3 or later.
System Requirements: Windows users must have at least a Pentium 4 processor, 512 MB RAM and Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Macintosh users must have at least a PowerPC G4 processor, 512 MB RAM and Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
Makers of award-winning plug-ins since 1994, Alien Skin Software writes and sells filters that users love.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network