Contest for Outstanding Design Students
... could win up to $5,000Oberthur Gaming Technologies ("OGT") reminds graphic design students that the 2005-2006 Edition of the Winning Concepts® Contest is running! The Winning Concepts Contest, a graphic design competition entirely held on the Internet at www.winningconceptscontest.com, receive participating students' digital entries, featuring lottery ticket designs and game concepts in the following categories: original themes, play actions and special packaging.
Previously intended to Canadian students only, OGT's Winning Concepts Contest 2005-2006 Edition is open to full-time college and university students of age 18 or older, registered in a graphic or web design program, in 40 countries, states and provinces around the world.
On the Contest's website, participants can easily consult rules, technical specifications, essential components to be included in their projects, and of course, prizes! They can also create their own account in order for them to go back on the website and periodically submit their concepts, with a user-friendly upload tool.
To participate, students have until March 15, 2006 to log on the Contest's website (www.winningconceptscontest.com) and submit as many entries as they want. Participants' concepts are first submitted at a regional level, competing with other students who study in the same state, province or country. From those submissions, 20 finalists per category will automatically progress to the worldwide contest.
OGT will award prizes to the three worldwide winners (US $2,000, $1,000 and $500) in each category, as well as a grand prize of US $5,000 to the overall winner. This might be the opportunity for students to see their concept printed on a real lottery ticket, and to get recognition for their creativity and originality!
About Oberthur Gaming Technologies With more than 35 years of lottery-specific expertise and over a century's experience in the security printing industry, Oberthur Gaming Technologies is the world's leader in the printing of innovative instant lottery tickets. Comprehensive services include strategic game planning and innovative conceptual design with OGT's Dream Team, mobile gaming, Cyber Games as well as state-of-the-art Global Operations and Lottery Distribution System (GOLDS). OGT currently supplies a full range of high quality products and services to 100 clients in some 50 countries. The company has production units or offices in Montreal, Canada; San Antonio, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the U.S.; Paris, France; Vienna, Austria; and Sydney, Australia. � 30 � Source: Lyse Trudel, Communications Officer Oberthur Gaming Technologies (+1-514) 254-3600, ext. 101
submit_by = Genevieve Gregoire
* title = OGT's Graphic Design Contest is running!
* author = Winning Concepts Contest
* url = www.winningconceptscontest.com
* audience = General: cross platform anyone
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network