3D Modeling for Tiger
includes animation and 3ds file import.Microspot Ltd, developers of 2D and 3D graphics and photo applications, have announced the release of Microspot Modeler version 3.6. Modeler is an interactive 3D modeling application that makes it simple to create and render models in real world dimensions and view the results as you are working. Microspot Modeler can be used on it's own or as an ideal companion product for Microspot Interiors enabling you to produce your own furniture items and accessories to add to the items already supplied with Interiors.
Two new tools and three new palettes have been added to make it easy to create animations of the camera, objects, lights, the sun, textures and colors. Animation brings designs to life and allows them to be distributed using QuickTime.
Adding 3ds file import has dramatically increased the possible items that can be placed into 3D scenes. As well as the items supplied with the product there are now almost limitless supplies of objects that can be used. Some 3ds objects are available free on the web and others may be purchased from the many third party sources available.
Also new in this version are dynamic tessellation and support for translucent objects. Dynamic tessellation gives enhanced rendering speed. This has also been improved by reorganizing and optimizing of the libraries. Tiger support has been enhanced and other general improvements have been made.
Microspot Modeler is now on sale in the Apple Store in Europe and from the Microspot web store.
* A demonstration version is available at: www.microspot.com
* in the US www.microspot.com
* in Europe www.microspot.co.uk
* Microspot Modeler has a retail price of $129.00.
* Existing users may upgrade for US$ 49.00 at the Microspot web store.
Microspot- founded in 1964, Microspot develops and markets applications for 3D modeling and animation, interior design, 2D drawing and drafting, image editing, and media management as well printer drivers.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network