SAFARI books online
more than 4,000 technical booksSafari Books Online, a joint venture of O'Reilly Media, Inc. and Pearson Technology Group, today introduces Safari Library, an online searchable reference library service that provides unlimited access to all technical books available on Safari Books Online. Safari Books Online currently includes more than 4,000 books from leading technical and business publishers O'Reilly Media, Pearson Technology Group, and others.
Safari Library makes it easy for technical professionals to locate the information they need, whether it is a quick answer to a programming question or an in-depth study of a design issue. With an online searchable reference library of vetted information across thousands of books with no access restrictions, Safari Library improves productivity and provides the training that professionals and organizations need to advance themselves.
Safari Library also includes access to Safari Books Online's Rough Cuts service, which features books in progress about hot topics that professionals need and can access now, rather than having to wait for several months for a book to go through editing and other processes required for formal publication.
"Safari Books Online has been leading the online publishing industry since 2001 with a bookshelf model that specified the number of books users could access from the library each month. Safari Library is the next step in maintaining our leadership and extending our service to support the current needs of our customers," said Debra Woods, VP Marketing of Safari Books Online.
Safari Books Online understands that users occasionally need or prefer to access books offline while they are traveling or otherwise away from an Internet connection. To support this need, Safari Library includes five chapter download tokens per month and a 35-percent discount on print-book purchases.
Safari Books Online is offering charter subscription rates for Safari Library of $39.99 per month or $439.99 per year, guaranteed for life, for users who subscribe by February 28, 2007.
About Safari Books Online
Safari Books Online (http://my.safaribooksonline.com) is a joint venture of O'Reilly Media, Inc. and Pearson Education. Safari's flagship service, Safari Library, is the premier electronic reference library for programmers, IT professionals and web designers. Unlike an online bookstore, Safari is a fully searchable database of the electronic versions of books from O'Reilly and Pearson's many imprints: Addison-Wesley Professional, Adobe Press, Cisco Press, New Riders, Peachpit Press, Prentice Hall Professional, Sun Microsystems Press, Que, and Sams. Safari's portfolio includes these additional electronic reference libraries: Safari HelpDesk Online for enterprise knowledge workers, Safari Business Books Online for business professionals and Safari Enterprise Library for enterprise licenses.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- SUBSCRIBE : to the Designers' CAFE email list
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- Visit our Windows Shareware / Freeware Department
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network