DiskLibrary: Catalog your digital life
also creates thumbnails, and stores metadataDiskLibrary 1.7.1 is a fun and easy to use media cataloging application for Mac OS X. DiskLibrary is indispensable if you have a lot of media to keep track of. DiskLibrary catalogs not just your complete file structure, it also creates thumbnails, and stores metadata, for most popular media formats. DiskLibrary is capable of importing export formats from CDFinder, FileFinder, WhereIsIt and DiskTracker.
- Changing the data folder preference will load the database from new location instantly.
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard ready.
- View the full path of a file graphically.
- UI improvements.
- Fixed AAC file album art issue.
- Fixed other minor issues.
- Mac OS X 10.4.6 or later
- Universal Binary for PowerPC & Intel
Pricing and Availability:
DiskLibrary 1.7.1 is available to order for $39 (USD). The DiskLibrary demo version is available as a free download from the
Obvious Matter website
Obvious Matter is a Dutch software company, founded by Diederik Hoogenboom in 2005, and located in the south-east of The Netherlands; the country that brings you windmills, tulips, cheese and great Mac software. The company is solely dedicated to writing great Mac software that's fun to use.
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network