AlphaStar for Adobe After Effects
AlphaStar is a new bundle of special effects for Adobe After Effects and other editors that support the same plug-in mechanism. It allows to create very often demandable and helpful effects such as different types of highlights, stars, rays, flashes, blinks, lens flares, rainbows and etc., and gives a lot of possibilities to decorate video and create both natural and unusual fantastical effects.
This product includes five big independent modules which allow producing big variety of unique and second to none special effects.
These modules let to solve follow tasks:
To create beautiful single flashes, stars, flare and etc and emulate physical phenomena when high energy beams intersect with virtual optical system.
* create particles systems consisting of myriads of lighting stars. You can easy control these particles how they born, fly and die.
* create highlights and shining stars on brightly parts of raster sources and adjust and animate a lot of parameters.
* create stars and lights on borders of opaque objects. You can easy add stars on edges of any texts, typings, subscribes and etc.
Vector mask and raster contours both can be used as source of stars. Raster contours will be automatically traced into vector objects with help of build-in means.
* decorate video, texts, typings, subscribes with beautiful rays and beams. Even these beams can shine on perimeter of raster and vector sources.
* create amazing rainbows and adjust their parameters. Add rainbow blink on video and typing. Set rainbow splitting of color for stars' and rays' light.
AlphaStar bundle has high quality 64-bit drawing, wide and effective functionality and user friendly interface.
Each module is well-thought-out, has tons of adjustable parameters which reflects geometry, color, motion variants of highlight objects and different physical specifics such as optics, glow, high-energy and other.
Definitely, AlphaPlugins AlphaStar is all-powerful tool necessary to each video artist for easy creation of breath-taking lightings effects.
The ease of use is reached by presets mechanism in the user interface. There a lot of image-buttons in each of module. Just click on them and corresponding parameters will be changed for receiving effects as presented on button' s picture.
Today the AlphaStar Windows OS version is released only. For Mac OS version will be available soon. The price is 179 USD and there is a 30 USD discount for August month. Hurry up to get amazing plugin software for video editing!
* Download the trial version
* Host and system Requirements: Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Combustion and all AE compatible applications; Windows 95/NT/2000/XP/98/ME/Vista.
* At least 32 megabytes of RAM, 64 megabytes of RAM recommended;
* 12-bit (4096) display color; true color (16.7M colors) recommended;
* 640 x 480 display resolution; 800 x 600 or better recommended.
Author = Svetlana Chernousova -- Graduated from Tomsk state University in Russia, the faculty of applied mathematics and cybernetics. Web-master and web-manager of www.alphaplugins.com site.
* Department = MM Dev: multimedia, presentations, media
* Audience = General: cross platform anyone
Participate in your Design Center
Lots of fun and information for all... don't forget, any community is only as good as the participation of its members. We invite your tips, tricks, comments, suggestions and camaraderie.
- Ask for the DT&G Monthly: to receive DT&G newsletter each month, happenings in the Design Center and regular columns like the "Mail Bag" and "Cool Sites"
- Discuss Design & Desktop Publishing : in the Designers' CAFE
- Link to this site, and then show us the link. We'll send you any of our current door prizes, just for your trouble.
- Discuss Photoshop at Photoshop 911
- SUBMIT: a news link, new font, or product review
- REVIEW a website: posted by our readers
- SUBMIT a Website: for review in Web Design & Review
- Submit a Critique: of a popular web site, or YOUR web site!
- WIN PRIZES: in our "Question of the Month" column
- Meet Friends of the Design Center people who care!
- Become a Friend of the Design Center: and put your link on the front page
- Submit News, Views or your latest press release
- Submit your Software Review: shareware, freeware, fonts, graphics, utilities -- if you've found software you like, let DT&G readers know about it!
Learning, training, tips, tricks, and moreThe Design Bookshelf team reads and reviews the best books for the creative visual designer, desktop publishing practitioner and visual communicator. If you want to know it -- we'll show you the very best way to learn it... in the Designer's Bookshelf
Get more out of your computer: join a user group - There are computer clubs around the world called "user groups" where you find fellow computer users ready and willing to share a wealth of information. If you're not a UG member, you should be.. find a group at the User Group Network